TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my brakes gave out tonight. Luckily nothing serious happened. So any ways a vacuum hose, which happens to be for the brakes, broke off of the vacuum tee (?) thing by the firewall. It is plastic and has "a/c, S, E, S "engraved on it. I think there is like 3 lines going into it (1 blocked off) and it's gray. Anyone know if I can pick a new one up from a parts store or do I have to go to the dealer?? Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Fixed some grammer errors!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well if you can squat a few hundred lbs you should still be able to use the brakes .... just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hard.:D

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck finding the part today being that it is Sunday. I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow and run up to the dealer. Anyways their is a part number on it (F4SC-9C491-BA), so I looked it up on FordParts.com and it doesn't come up. So I figure that maybe the part was updated or something. So does anyone know why this would happen? I really don't see why it would break in the first place. There isn't that much vacuum to break it I don't think. Just afraid that if there is something wrong that it may just break the new one....

:confused:

Sucks not having a car....

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I've broken two of those myself, Dan can help you out just call him. Over time the plastic gets brittle and breaks just like the clips on the connectors and old folks hips

-Scott

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I broke mine a month ago.. i went to advanced and bought some vacum tree thing and then some rubber hose to make new connections.. yes it works.. i willt ake pictures tomorrow if my car is outta the shop... i didnt wanna wait a week to drive my car..

yea my car's breaks are great now that i fixed that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts