TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For getting flowers for valentines day, should I go ahead and order in advanced, or like the friday before(v day is that monday) could I stop in any flower shop and pick something nice up? Not looking for anything too fancy, maybe just a dozen roses.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
You could always order them NOW from 1800flowers.com, proflowers.com, ftd.com, or another site like that, and save yourself posibly standing in line, or forgetting altogether. I know that is you have AAA, you get a 20% discount at FTD, all you have to do is log into your AAA account online, and go to FTD from there. Not a bad idea, considering most flower places jack up the price of roses skyhigh for V-Day.

--Molly

·
Registered
598 Posts
Order now, or at least order soon. You would be surprised how high flowers will be on Valentine's, especially roses. Also, if you wait till that day you run the risk of them running out of all the nice flowers.

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
I suggest a boquet of Tools....craftsman usually wins over the ladies...

Of course I am seperated now, so my advice is prolly suspect...hahahahaha

--Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can get 12 red roses or 18 multi-color roses for the same price. Do you think its okay to go for the untraditional, or is red a must?

Also, these are shipped by ups or fedex instead of delivered by a local florist. Think they will still be good quality?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
One thing about roses - most of them now are flown in from Colombia, South America, and use so much preservative that they usually don't open or bloom when you get them home - they just stay the way you bought them! These are the roses most grocery stores, etc., carry.

If you want *good* roses that will open and last, go to a good local florist and ask for roses locally grown in greenhouses.

·
Registered
598 Posts
mastarecoil said:
I can get 12 red roses or 18 multi-color roses for the same price. Do you think its okay to go for the untraditional, or is red a must?

Also, these are shipped by ups or fedex instead of delivered by a local florist. Think they will still be good quality?
It depends on the lady you are giving them to, and her friends. I like untraditional things, like not even giving flowers, but some ladies do. Also, keep in mind on Valentine's Day many women will be looking to outshow each other by what they get, especially at work. In this case more flowers is good, and it may be more impressive to get multi-colored arrangements. If I was you, that is what I would go with.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, Ill go with the multicolor. She likes untraditional, but there are sometimes you should stick to tradition, didnt know how much this applied.

Oh, and as for outdoing compared to her friends, I am covered. I gave my girlfriend a diamond necklace for christmas, her best friend got a memory stick from her boyfriend. :D No competition.

·
8,239 Posts
if its a gf or something, give a pajama gram. My buddy got one for his girl last year, and he gave me the idea to get one this year. It comes with a pair of girlie pajamas, a bath set, and other girlie stuff. You can get the sexy kind of pajamas, or the regular kind.

I think it was like 50 bucks or so, and they deliver it on valentines day guaranteed.

That little gift and maybe a dinner out is enough to make most girls happy for at least one day, and giving flowers and chocolate is kinda too traditional for me, and if I were a girl i'd be sick of it.

JH

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am her first date she has had on v-day, so Ill keep it fairly traditional. The pajamas is a good idea, Ill keep that in mind next year.

I just found 36 multicolor roses + vase for $40. Im going for that.

Thanks all for your help.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
lady cougar said:
no offense but i would prefer things for my car than anything else...lol...just my i opinion for a girl that is into cars...
:zwthstpd: But, everyone's different! So, go with what your chick likes!
Good luck to all the guys!

--Molly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts