TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday I went into Value city to get a cheap bunkbed and a coupel dressers for the kids. I inquired about 2 mattresses as well. I agreed to purchase 1 bed, 1 bed board ( I have one) 3 6 drawer chests and a twin mattress. The guy tells me they have everything in stock. Before I paid he verified it and said it would have to wait til the 17th and tried to convince me to purchase another mattress I had mentioned. THe problem for delivery was the mattress so I had bith of them removed and was assured they would arrive wednesday morning. I paid CASH.
I came in on today (thursday) to pick up the items. The manager was back in the pickup area and was in a foul mood. I was trying to get the items by early next week but he was not willing to do anything so I went up front to get a refund. He told me the check would be mailed from the main office and I should have it in 3-4 weeks. By now I wasn't happy. I replied assertively so you are telling me you promise me an item in 2 days and when it isn't here on time and I want my money back to go get the stuff elsewhere that I have to wait 3-4 weeks. 5 people behind me were waiting to complete sales and just straight left. Several others stood and watched for a minute and eventually just left.
The manager told me if I wasn't ok with those terms he would call the police. I said fine call the police you are the one stealing from me. So I went out to my truck to get my phone and came in asking for the number to corporate or regional offices. The manager gave me his phone number and answered it in front of me. Then the police showed up. Officer Zimmerman was a seasoned officer, not old but he wasn't a rookie. He handled the situation ok and showed me the receipt that said the terms. I grunted and started walking towards the door. Told him I would take it up with corporate in the morning. I was 10 ft from the door when some fat stupid loudmouthed rookie cop with the desire to inflict his high school sorrows on the world walks in running his mouth. Officer Vently. He hollers to me from about 20 ft. So are you ready to leave like these nice people have been telling you to do. I replied boldly "I was never told to leave". At which point fatso says come here. I replied sarcastically "what are you going to arrest me and stuck my wrists out saying read me my rights"
He spun me around aggressively then cuffed me as tight as possible behind my back. Running his big fat trap the entire time yet never reading me my rights. Then throws me in the back seat of the cruiser with the seat back as far as possible for about 45 minutes. I have a herniated disk in my middle back and cannot sit in certain positions well. I started getting muscle spasms. I told him about my condition and asked him to let me stand. He refused and they got worse. They wrote me a BS ticket for public nuisance saying I cursed and threatened people. I will see them bastages in court.
Now I need to go to Union Township PD and file a formal complaint and tomorrow I'll deal with corporate value sh*tty.
/rant

The moral of the story is screw value city.
Alan

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
if the name is value city the last thing your getting is a good value. I feel ya on the pain ddog, know youre not kidding about your back, I feel your pain as the hernia i had is still fresh in my mind. Ouch is all I have to say.

Dont ask what I would do in your place some 'getback' would be on their delivery list

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
That sucks ... been there ... ;)

I guess its not a good idea to taunt the police.

I almost had to summon the local PD recently, this weird crack head lady has been lurking around the neighborhood lately. Shes got a black eye - her boyfriend only had to tell her once. :D .. she tried to get into a confrontation with me. Only people to call in a situation like this is the police.

A few months back .. I had these door to door people come up and this guy was being really loud outside the door - I was already irritated so by the time the door opened, the situation escalated pretty quickly and I was yelling at him to get off my property ( not in those exact words .. ;) ) anyways, he was yelling in the street and wanted to fight me, so I went back inside the house for a weapon and they took off down the street. I still had the flyer ( carpet cleaning... ) I ripped out of his hand and called the marketing company to unleash fury on the poor woman who recieved my call. If anybody called the police that day it would be to report a dead body. At least they didnt knock on 1 door in my whole neighborhood after mine. :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You're going to give officer Fatso flashbacks of gym class when you get to court. That is a load of BS.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Rip 'em a new one Alan. :bs: indeed.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i would go to a higher autbority and get that dealt with. personally i hate every cop and because the fwe assh0oles out there ruin the name for all. cops seem to get this all high and mighty bull**** attitude because they think because they have a badge and gun that they are immune to the law. i work with cops all day long running 911 calls and it appalls me at some of the crap that spills out of their mouths.

i went on a call ped vs auto. the guy had walked around a car that was pulled way over the crosswalk. well the car backed up to get out of the intersection and hit the guy. now instead of being understanding this cop goes off and goes you know the cross walk is over there not here right. basically just calling the guy out and making him look like an idiot. now you have to remember this poor kid just got hit by a car and has a broken femur. there are quite a few cops i have little or no respect for because they act all high and mighty.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't hate cops by any means. My best friends dad and my neighbor as a kid were both seasoned veterans. Hotheaded rookies are a serious problem. Even the other real officers don't like them but they have to defend them. The guy I dealt with was a fatboy who got teased in high school and then got a badge. Now the rest of the world must pay. I am waiting until monday to get the people I need to speak with. I already got the numbers for value city and the union township cheif.
Alan

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Monday I went into Value city to get a cheap bunkbed and a coupel dressers for the kids. I inquired about 2 mattresses as well. I agreed to purchase 1 bed, 1 bed board ( I have one) 3 6 drawer chests and a twin mattress. The guy tells me they have everything in stock. Before I paid he verified it and said it would have to wait til the 17th and tried to convince me to purchase another mattress I had mentioned. THe problem for delivery was the mattress so I had bith of them removed and was assured they would arrive wednesday morning. I paid CASH.
I came in on today (thursday) to pick up the items. The manager was back in the pickup area and was in a foul mood. I was trying to get the items by early next week but he was not willing to do anything so I went up front to get a refund. He told me the check would be mailed from the main office and I should have it in 3-4 weeks. By now I wasn't happy. I replied assertively so you are telling me you promise me an item in 2 days and when it isn't here on time and I want my money back to go get the stuff elsewhere that I have to wait 3-4 weeks. 5 people behind me were waiting to complete sales and just straight left. Several others stood and watched for a minute and eventually just left.
The manager told me if I wasn't ok with those terms he would call the police. I said fine call the police you are the one stealing from me. So I went out to my truck to get my phone and came in asking for the number to corporate or regional offices. The manager gave me his phone number and answered it in front of me. Then the police showed up. Officer Zimmerman was a seasoned officer, not old but he wasn't a rookie. He handled the situation ok and showed me the receipt that said the terms. I grunted and started walking towards the door. Told him I would take it up with corporate in the morning. I was 10 ft from the door when some fat stupid loudmouthed rookie cop with the desire to inflict his high school sorrows on the world walks in running his mouth. Officer Vently. He hollers to me from about 20 ft. So are you ready to leave like these nice people have been telling you to do. I replied boldly "I was never told to leave". At which point fatso says come here. I replied sarcastically "what are you going to arrest me and stuck my wrists out saying read me my rights"
He spun me around aggressively then cuffed me as tight as possible behind my back. Running his big fat trap the entire time yet never reading me my rights. Then throws me in the back seat of the cruiser with the seat back as far as possible for about 45 minutes. I have a herniated disk in my middle back and cannot sit in certain positions well. I started getting muscle spasms. I told him about my condition and asked him to let me stand. He refused and they got worse. They wrote me a BS ticket for public nuisance saying I cursed and threatened people. I will see them bastages in court.
Now I need to go to Union Township PD and file a formal complaint and tomorrow I'll deal with corporate value sh*tty.
/rant

The moral of the story is screw value city.
Alan
Wow, that sucks, I would definitely contact a lawyer or local news in a situation like that, that is police brutality. Also, the store shouldn't mention police unless you were shoplifting or threatening the employees. A letter from an attorney or even a certified letter by you to their headquarters will get some attention. Stores hate bad press. He is just a moron manager who will probably disciplined or fired. Also you don't know what that redneck manager told the cops about you either.

The other thing is to never pay cash if you have a credit card, keep the money in the bank and pay it off in a month.

·
Registered
171 Posts
that sucks, I know the back pain/herniated disk...I am still recovering from surgery the last week of April. I have never been to jail or arrested, but thought( in my younger years) if I am going to jail, I am gonna pull a Madea and whoop up on the arresting officer. Now fast forward a few years and with this bum back and the advent of tasers, I have decided against my former thought. You're right, paperwork is the answer, along with a bulldog lawyer :)

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
wow. that sounds like a field day in court for you. id be opening a can of whoop a** on everyone!
:zwthstpd:

Damn what a mess. So sorry you had to go through that.

But man, NEVER pay in cash for an item you're not going to walk out the door with that day.

Best wishes for a good lawyer and an understanding judge to sort this one out.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:zwthstpd:

Damn what a mess. So sorry you had to go through that.

But man, NEVER pay in cash for an item you're not going to walk out the door with that day.

Best wishes for a good lawyer and an understanding judge to sort this one out.
You know he actually told me right before I paid that they were in stock. By in stock he meant in the columbus warehouse. I assumed he meant in house. When he came back with they'd be ready wednesday I wasn't very upset, it was a couple days. When I found out he meant wednesday 3 weeks later I wasn't happy....

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update
I spoke with the chiefs secretary and the lt in charge. I have to go take some paperwork over and sign a formal complaint. This will not be the first against this officer I was told. Surprise,surprise.

Value city remains worthless. The corporate office sends you to voice mail where they will call you back, eventually. Hasn't happened yet and I have left them 3 messages. The manager of the store apologized to me and promised to meet me friday with my check........
I still say screw Value City furniture.
Alan

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
You can't very well complain about how you were treated when it was you that said, "what are you going to arrest me and stuck my wrists out saying read me my rights", and he obliged. :thumbsup:

Let me simply ask this: If you had not said a word, what would have happened?

I have seen many people get into deeper trouble with the police by simply opening their mouth when they could (should) have kept it shut.

Actions and consequences, actions and consequences…. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Huh? He started running his mouth at me, I told him I had never been told to leave. He said come here. I said what are you going to arrest me, he said yes. I did not resist at all. I can complain because the situtation was handled. The lt read the report and agreed, even told me there have been several complaints against the rookie. The senoir officer wasn't pleased with the situation either.
Alan

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
But just because he ran his mouth, did that mean you had to reply in kind?

And please don't think I was defending the police officer, I wasn’t. He was definitely wrong with his initial wisecrack and subsequent action. Filing the complaint is definitely warranted.

I'm just saying that if you had bit your tongue and not said anything, do you think the situation would have escalated to where it did?

And dude, sticking your hands out to a police officer daring him to arrest you is just asking for “bad things” to happen. :beek: :zwall:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I see False Arrest Charges possibly pending...

As far as not reading you your rights that's no big deal just any and every you said and did would be inadmissible.

I may have been a "bad thing" but is still false arrest and possible battery due to medical condition, which according to the testimony the officer was made aware of.

If they don't throw out the charges I'd go talk to a lawyer and see what they say. Most likely a letter of intent to file charges will get you very far.

EDIT: Wrong charge, meant False Imprisonment.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts