TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I've lurked the boards before for info, but this is the first time I've registered and posted.

Anyway, I have a '91 Cougar XR7 that I'm looking to sell, but I don't know what it's worth or what to ask. Here's some information...

-Red exterior, red cloth interior.
-AOD (they all were in this year, right?)
-All power options except passenger seat.

The car itself has 175,975 miles on it, but the engine and transmission have both been rebuilt with only 25,000 or so on it. It's got new brakes and recently charged AC. Kenwood CD player with Blaupunkt speakers. The only modifications are dual cutouts right after the cats off the headers for sound, which can be capped to return to the stock exhaust note.

Things wrong are that the odometer's broken (been stuck on 175,975 for a little while,) the paint on the rear bumper is faded, and the power mirrors no longer work. Otherwise, the car runs and drives great, and the paint still shines except the bumper.

What do you think it's worth? Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's close to what I was originally thinking. I wanted to post the price as $2,500 or best offer and see if I get any bites, but I figured people here would know better than I would.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to pester me everywhere I go?

If you like the car so much, then BUY IT!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sure?

I'm not too concerned about what I get out of it, I just don't want to look like I'm trying to screw people when I list it. What should I put up for an asking price? I'd rather do a "best offer" type deal instead of a firm price, too...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I would say 1500-2000. It depends where you are selling and how you sell it. In some places it might be able to see 2500 but that is probably unlikely. keep an eye out on ebay for similar cars (Tbirds or cougars with 5.0s and close milage) and see what they are going for or look on autotrader. It cant hurt to start out high. Then you have somewhere to go when someone is looking to bargin.
good luck
-Shawn

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Connecticut, things are usually a little more expensive up here than everywhere else (except maybe California.)

I still don't see the car going for much, though. I'll probably list it for $2,000 OBO...or maybe I'll E-bay it with a Buy It Now of $2,000. I wouldn't want to take less than $1,500 for it seeing as how junkers go for a grand, and it's far from a piece of crap, even if it does have high mileage. It was taken care of well.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless there's some mysterious force constantly making you comment on how I should keep an old and slow car with a transmission I can't stand, you've got no point.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't mind owning a 99+ GT or a 96+ Cobra, but there's a few reasons I'm leaning towards an F-body, which I didn't want to bring up here (being an MN-12 forum and all,) but since you asked...

I want a T-top car. I prefer the styling of LS1 Firebirds over 4.6L Mustangs. The shifter placement is better on the F-body (next car will definitely be a manual.) The six-speed is better than the five-speed. I like the Firebird's interior more. The LS1's a motor that will make great power and run great times stock (which the car will stay, other than exhaust and suspension.) The F-body also sits lower, which I prefer.

I still like Ford, DOHC Cobras are awesome cars and 99+ GTs are respectable, but the F-body appeals more towards what I'm looking for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts