TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what year AOD I have. If I bought a valvebody off Ebay for a 91 F150 would I have any problems with it being compatible?
Clint

·
Administrator
8,253 Posts
You don't have an AOD, you have a 4R70W.

Joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's for my F100. It has a 351W in it with an AOD behind it. It's not stock, I put it in.
Clint

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get this new Ford valvebody for $46 right now. Does anybody know if there are differeances in AOD valvebodies that would keep this one from working? Thanks
Clint

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
As far as I know, it should work just fine... I dont see any major problems. for $46 you cant beat the deal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, it's brand new still in the box. I'd love to get the one from Performance Automatics but just can't afford it. I triyd putting a kit in it from baumann engineering but it made it where my OD won't hold any torque. So I'm just trying to cut my losses.
Thanks for the help. Next big job I do I'll order me one from them.
Clint

·
Registered
926 Posts
the valve body for the AODE and 4r70w are the same not sure about the AOD thought I think there different.
I paid 251.00 for my valve body , I would save your money its a good upgrade its the same as the 99 but you dont have to mod anything like it so its actually better and it can handle more oil presure than the 99 so you can increase your shift firmness with your chip and not hurt a damn thing.
www.performanceautomatic.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts