TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if these are even worth using on the 3.8 non supercharged? What kind of enhancement do they offer?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I have it done on mine, but it's nothing real big. The main reason I did it was because I have a lot of ported parts (upper/lower intake manifold, heads, larger throttle body) and I wanted to keep them all clean and free of oil residue buildup. But if you really want to I have a diagram of how to do it.

I ran a 3/8" hose from the driver side valve cover PCV connection in front of the intake manifold, then underneath the intake at the throttle body area, then turned it so it was poiting at the passenger side PCV connection. I put a t-fitting between the hose and the PCV valve, then put the little air breather on the t-fitting. Then the vacuum fitting that was on the rear pcv hose has to be moved to a main vac hose so it still get vacuum (so the computer thinks it's still working correctly) so I had a spare vacuum fitting on the back of my upper manifold and I extended the hose and plugged it in there. But you can put a t-fitting on the main vac hose (big hose coming off the back of the intake at the top) or get a reducer and put it on the connection underneath the upper manifold. I just plugged that one under the upper on mine, since I ran the hose to a different spot. Hope this isnt too confusing, if so, please ask me to clarify.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
did you draw that yourself Thomas? :D

·
8,978 Posts
Indeed I did, with photoshop. :)

·
8,978 Posts
run the hose to the passenger side with the breather inbetween on a t-fitting. Then run the vacuum hose (it's attached to the passenger side pcv hose that runs underneath the upper manifold) and put it at that hose connection under the manifold. You may need a reducer since the connection under the manifold is 3/8" and the hose is 1/4".

Make any more sense now?

-Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts