TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 92 SC is getting closer to be finished, but right now my dad is in the process of replacing the valve cover gaskets. The intercooler pipes, power steering pump, and alternator have been removed but it still looks like there might barely be enough room to take off the valve cover on the drivers side. Is there a special way to take it off without it being to difficult?

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone please help, the metal coolant line is in the way. How can I take the valve cover off?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found out that theres a metal clamp on the back of the metal coolant line thats stuck on there. I think it just needs to be cut off with a dremel.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,327 Posts
On my 3.8 N/A the metal coolant line was bolted to the exhaust manifold, not sure if this is the case with a SC. I just pushed it out the way enough to get the cover out.

Joe

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the drivers side gasket on and spark plugs replaced. The metal coolant line runs to the heater core, good thing the hose didn't get damaged when the dremel was used. Passenger side will be next after I get my power steering pump, and lines hooked up.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts