TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to improve upon the underhood appearance of my 1993 LX, but it seems as though the aftermarket valve covers are mainly made for the 4.6 crowd or other V8's such as the 5.0, so does anyone have suggestions for a vendor? Preferably some sort of blue or dark gray/black. Nothing too shiny, thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,651 Posts
There isn't going to be much out there for the 3.8. Your best bet is to just clean up a set of stock valve covers and get them powdercoated whatever color you want.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I would like to have some valve covers for the 3.8 that don't break so easy. I have replaced mine 3 times, and 90% of them in the junk yard are broken as well. Not sure what material they are make of, but paste seems to be the binder.

BBK makes some 300+ dollar cast aluminum/chrome ones, but most of the aftermarket steel/chrome ones are for CFI and not configured correctly to work with the EFI engines.

·
Super Moderator
7,651 Posts
Look for a set of valve covers off a 93 SC. That year only the valve covers were made of steel.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I would like to have some valve covers for the 3.8 that don't break so easy. I have replaced mine 3 times, and 90% of them in the junk yard are broken as well. Not sure what material they are make of, but paste seems to be the binder.
Magnesium. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like that.....great job looks fantastic to bad the upper intake has to come off or I would do mine(pulled my upper intake when I first got my car and one bolt is ready to strip out )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts