TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
has anyone ever tried these? they look pretty nice...but do they fit? really good price too...

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
well it says they fit ford 3.8 from 80 something up so I'd assume so...they look right.
-Thomas

·
Registered
607 Posts
By the way the PVC is positioned I doubt it will fit under the intake tube. You will have to route some new lines from both sides.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
SUCK! Some chrome valve covers would be cool. Would the factory ones stand the heat of getting them chrome powder coated? I think they cook 'em in 450o fareinheit ovens.
-Thomas

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by Thomas
SUCK! Some chrome valve covers would be cool. Would the factory ones stand the heat of getting them chrome powder coated? I think they cook 'em in 450o fareinheit ovens.
-Thomas
Yes, our valve covers will withstand the temp of powdercoating. Magnesium melts at around 1100-1200, far above the PC temps of 350-400.

Here's an example of "chrome" powder. Except for the black parts, all parts have been clear powder coated also. It's necessary for the clear because the chrome won't do very well in the long run around chemicals.

'bird

·
Registered
443 Posts
not too chrome but it looks pretty good...jet hot coating is the closest i've seen to chrome...too bad its so damn expensive

·
Registered
710 Posts
uhhhh question... what the hell is that anyways? is it a water pump or what the heck lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
oh wow.... i didn't know what the damn thing looked like by itself.... hah i am a smart one. I was arguing with my friend about this earlier but, isn't the SC a blower and not really a SC because it is a root's type? Cause that's what he was saying and i said it's still a super charger.... he says "you can intercool a SC, you can't intercool what's on the supercoupe's"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by jim
not too chrome but it looks pretty good...jet hot coating is the closest i've seen to chrome...too bad its so damn expensive
Thanks. It has a neat look to it in person, the pics don't do it justice. Kind of looks like clear anodized aluminum.

'bird

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by Spike
oh wow.... i didn't know what the damn thing looked like by itself.... hah i am a smart one. I was arguing with my friend about this earlier but, isn't the SC a blower and not really a SC because it is a root's type? Cause that's what he was saying and i said it's still a super charger.... he says "you can intercool a SC, you can't intercool what's on the supercoupe's"
A "blower" is any belt-driven unit, be it Roots or Paxton or Vortech or...they can all be intercooled. Super Coupes are intercooled from the factory.

'bird

·
Registered
710 Posts
ahhh i see i see.... so there isn't any way to make the stock SC superchargers produce less boost than what they do? Don't they have a waste gate where it can be adjusted? Also, what are the specifics on the stock SC supercharger... like who makes it and what model/type is it, as much info as you can give me.... i wanna have something to back me up next time i get into an arguement about this :-D

·
Registered
443 Posts
eaton makes the supercharger...you could get a custom larger pulley made for less boost...a motor with highly ported heads and intakes and free flowing exhaust will also result in less boost...

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah you think?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts