TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if this is what i think it is *not quite sure*

When my car is at idle at a light or in the driveway i can hear a ticking noise. but when i accelerate the noise goes away. I have a bad feeling it is getting to be the time i just do the PI swap and get rid of the heads i got and get all new valves springs, and followers.

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
is it a loud tick, or a barely noticable

·
Registered
367 Posts
i know mine did that it was getting wore out, it's not necessarily a bad thing, could have a exhaust leak very small one, then i rebuilt my motor it went away, now mine has a little knock when i first start it up cause of the forged pistons. they just gotta warm up.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It could be an injector tick too. Just run some seafoam through your gas, and if you want to through the intake to clean all the carbon up.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
more than likely it is a hydralic lifter/lash adjuster, either you have a bad one which doesn't pressure up under 1500rpm (common worn) or you have a damaged one in which case the tip has broken kicking the follower out and now the adjuster is slapping against the cam (less likely) either way if you do a PI swap with used heads have the adjusters checked, or if you go with new, make sure you pre-soak them... just my $0.02.... I've seen a lot of this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts