TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, got the valvebody off, pulled the seperatorplate, and as im putting the valvebody out of the way it slips and i dropped all the fracking checkballs into the trans passages.... got 7 of them out, but the 8th has disapeared somewhere, pretty sure it went down in one of the many holes and its up inside... i checked everywhere on the garage floor...

so, i guess my question is, since its a little plastic ball you think it will get sucked up into the trans and cause issues, i know if it comes back into the valvebody intact it will... i asked around and the trans shops i talked to say it should get chopped up and sucked into the filter eventually( as long as it went into the right hole). not really keen on tearing the tailshaft off and pulling the guts out for a little 3/16 rubbery ball -_-

and plus, if i decide to just put it back together, where am i gonna get anouther checkball? doubt i can go to my local parts store and buy one....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, my old 95 is a core up in omaha somewhere, this is my used Mk8 97 i got to replace it. pulled the valvebody off so i could Jmod it, and.... yeah.... this happend....

ive got it sitting on the garage floor upsidedown with the tailshaft propped up on a paintcan, and a towel covering the exposed passages when im not touching it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Flip it over and tap with a rubber mallet till it falls out??

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i rolled it over and rocked it back-and-forth countless times, maybe i should find my deadblow and smack it a few times while its right-side-up. suppose it couldnt hurt.

·
Registered
348 Posts
A local trans shop might give you one or two for lil to nothing...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i suppose so, but that still dosent get the one in the trans out. i dont like the thought that it might get pulled back into the valvebody intact and cause damage. not exatly sure what hole it might have gone into, and im assuming some of those come back int othe valvebody instead of leaving twords the packs and planetaries.

·
Registered
348 Posts
hmm, yes I see what you mean. I don't know what to suggest other than keep trying with the rubber mallet, or worst case get some gaskets and drop the valve body again and see if that makes difference? Your positive it fell inside it and not on the floor somewhere, I know I've searched for things I thought were in the wrong spot for a while ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
your def. in a predicament.. i wouldn't stop searching until i find that check ball especially i u think it fell into the trans. If would be devastating to think that a .10 checkball would ruin a $1000 trans. rubber mallet tap would be the best i could think of.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, were kindof at a standstill at the moment, till we can get a few things, and drill out the seperator, but i think we've just decided pop the front cover off an pull the guts out tll we find it, then put it all back in(if we dont find it, must not be ing their, and we'll have to find anouther one somewhere).... give me a chance to look at the packs and make sure i dont have any bad thrusts or something...

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Well you get nice shiny new Check Balls in D/Dogs rebuild Kit & you have the thing open anyway so....?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts