TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Got say like the video. The kit your talking about installing , is that a RobertP kit or your own? Moving and leaving out the springs in the accumilator part of the Jmod? The presure reg valve replacement is good idea for all 4r70w trans? And one guestion about the deeper trans pan. Went to the u-pull yard almost all the pans I found had a little rubber plug in them (maybe they were reman) at the bottom. Are they safe for a long term use?
Thanks
- Robert

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I build my own kits and sell them through a few other vendors.
No I suggest replacing that pan.
Alan

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
not too bad.. should show a pic of where check balls go just in case

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Thanks - Didn't get one of those pans. Thought about cutting the plug out and welding it. Liked the pan it was about 3" deep on the entire pan.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dirty Dog you are awesome! You make it look so easy. Now I want to go try it. I have had my J-modded valve body laying around for about 5 months just waiting to install it. I was just nervous about doing it myself. It looks like I found what I am doing next weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your video is outstanding! without this 'hands on' demo, its difficult to explain some of the subtle ideas and things you have to be aware of. I think that even novices with little mechanical background may have enough confidence to try the modification themselves.Or at the very least, walk away with a better understanding with mechanics. Again, this is great.
'

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
It is easy .. especially when the transmission is upside down, out of the car, and not dripping fluid on your head. :D
If you have dry hair/scalp problems, BONUS! :D

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Interesting how the old 2-3 Spring was used for replacing the old Lower 1-2 Spring (with Tranny oriented normally) - It had occurred to me that might work but I did'nt know that was now done so it's new to me - Seems like it would be lighter load Spring (which would be good) - What is the 2-3 equivalent to in comparison to the existing 1-2 Spring colors _____?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is my truck combination. If you look on their at my other videos I made a car specific clip.
Alan

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Rooting around Youtube I don't see your Car Video - May I suggest old buddy that you post the link to that here as this AINT F150.com or whatever ~!

Looking thru my old Parts from 'our' O/H of my Tranny that 2-3 Spring is indeed pretty dinky compared to any Lower 1-2 - I would think that the 2-3 Spring might be far better than no Lower 1-2 Spring in a lot of setups...

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I have to watch you like a Dog~!... Much MO BETTER fun watching you fight the bigger 1-2 Spring.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Great video. It helped me install my VB i ordered. I dont think i would be able to do it without it!

·
Banned
613 Posts
Alans a kool guy and he knows what he's doing and talking about. i had some time on my hands so i went to his shop in OH from NY just to get my tranny done. hooked me with a nice tranny from an 02 mustang with like 1k on it. new converter lots of other stuff etc. awesome deal

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am having trouble finding some of the part numbers for the items used in your video. I can't find the number for the brown spring used in the 1-2 and I can't find the number for the new style piston used in the direct accumulator.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts