TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started pulling the 5.0s tranny today and had to get some tools out of storage, well I notice stuff overturned and then a see a mass moving (breathing) in the back corner. Long story short call my Uncle tells me if raccoon leave it alone (knew that) if opossum can get it out easy. Give a better description and he says is a opossum and by his advice pick it up by the tail and carry it out--keeping head away from me.

I would have never believed could do that until today. Once it realized it couldn't do anything it played possum.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It always makes you wonder how critters get into places, but then can't get back out.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I think I saw y'all on "Call of the Wildman" :D

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was my fault it got in there and not out (left the door open one night).

·
Super Moderator
10,401 Posts
...pick it up by the tail and carry it out--keeping head away from me.
Do not attempt that with a Raccoon; you will not like it. :D

At least you didn't find him while you were "at his level, lol."

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I tried to pick up a wild chipmunk once - THAT was a mistake. Alvin left me with two small holes bleeding profusely in one of my fingers! lol

My mother tried to keep a baby porcupine another time but we had to let it go. It kept clawing at the cage like you would not believe.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the best way to handle a raccoon is not.

·
Registered
737 Posts
1. I had a pet raccoon once. Seriously. A good way to piss it off is to give it sugar cubes and a bowl of water, especially since raccoons like to wash their food first before eating it.

Ended up having to take it out into the middle of nowhere and release it, as it started getting a bit mean. It was an incredibly fun pet until that point.

2. Lady brought in an Oldsmobile to the Ford dealership I was working at in 1992 with a huge radiator fan shroud, and some weird yowling noises coming from the radiator.

I poked my head into that area, and almost got a chunk of skin removed in the process as a wildcat had climbed in through the fan blades to get warm by the radiator after she had arrived from from work, before the car had cooled off during the previous day.

It had a hell of a lot of cuts in its skin, as the lady had been shopping almost all day, with repeated stops, and the cat in question getting hit by the fan blade as she launched from every redlight stop.

Dumbass service manager emptied a .45 clip into the front of the car in an attempt to kill the cat, and was then arrested for discharging a weapon about two hours later...and he didn't even hit the cat, animal control was called in, and the shop was cleared out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did the customer like those new cooling ports in the front of that Olds?

·
Registered
737 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts