TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all I keep finding are rebuild kits can't find just the VB gaskets themselves.

Reason I am needing them I had to disassemble the VB to clean it
after it sat for a few years and the valves got gummed up.

Not sure where to buy only the gaskets I need. :confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I usually get mine from any local Ford dealer but maybe Rock Auto carries them as well??

·
Super Moderator
7,698 Posts
You can get them from your local Ford dealer. They may have to special order them, but they are available.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
They really don't cost much from the dealer. I think I paid about $32 including tax for the 2 gaskets I needed to j-mod my 03 CV Sport. Since they have access to all the correct part#'s and diagrams I figure its the best place to go to avoid getting the wrong ones.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,579 Posts
Send a PM to Jason (FordPartsCounter) here on the forums, he'll get you taken care of. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
They really don't cost much from the dealer. I think I paid about $32 including tax for the 2 gaskets I needed to j-mod my 03 CV Sport. Since they have access to all the correct part#'s and diagrams I figure its the best place to go to avoid getting the wrong ones.
WOW, $32.00 for two gaskets ??? I think they cost around $1.77 each retail. More like $3.20 ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I know the upper and lower are cheap but the thick one on the VB cover side is a bit more.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
WOW, $32.00 for two gaskets ??? I think they cost around $1.77 each retail. More like $3.20 ??
Lol, I forgot to mention I also picked up the trans. filter for it while I was there. So no, I did NOT pay $32 for the gaskets alone.

Now my LX Sport actually shifts like one, not the BS grandpa shifts that Ford gave it. I can't believe they would put out the Sport model and give it the same shift points as a base LX. No wonder the Panther is dead...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I haven't found gaskets that cheap I buy them in bulk from ford and they are closer to $5 each, aod gaskets are dirt cheap for some reason.
Alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts