TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well my od light started flashing i took it to a local trans shop they ran a scan on it while driving it an said my speed sensor is cutting out at freeway speeds. which it comes on around 68mph when its held there for a little bit. they wanted a rediculous amount to replace it so i bought the part for 25 bucks at autozone an plan to install it. any tips i should know before hand? also where on the trans is it located i have a 96 4.6. just want to get it done an hopefully this fixes all trans problems except the leak. i just rebuilt it an cant really afford much more on this car right now. thanks

nick

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
Pretty self explanatory. One 11mm (IIRC) bolt, slide the old out and put the gear on your new sensor. There's a small circlip holding the gear on. Just make sure you lubricate the o-rings with fresh ATF before putting it back into the tailshaft.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Just get it up on Ramps & be CAREFUL - VSS on Driver side aft Tranny - & YES you must fix leak or your screwed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds pretty easy just gotta wait for this rain to stop to fix it. as for the leak i dont have the money or time to take the trans out again im thinking just throw some lucas in there as i just rebuilt the trans an if it goes out again ill just swap a manual in. its not a horriable leak maybe a quart every 3 weeks if that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts