TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. forgive me but i have a question that does not pretain to birds, cats, or marks. And for give me again when i say the qeution revovles around a toyota.

A friend i know just came over to my apartment and said there is a 2004 toyota
(4x4, 6 cyl, extended cab) far sale 4 hours away from were we are they are asking like 10,000$ it has 130,000 miles and its only 4 years old!

isnt that a little expensive? I thought so but my roomate w/ his "abundant" knowledge on cars (he HATES america vehicles) said that was normal and wasnt high. I think thier nuts. my t-bird is a 96 and only has 125,000

·
5,650 Posts
Not high at all. It's only 4 years old, and it's a Toyota. They retain their value very well. Most imports like Honda and Toyota do. If it's in great condition and decently loaded it's easily worth $13k. Your car is 12 years old and all of America (except the few on here) could care less about an MN12. A 96 Honda Accord with 125k miles is worth almost double what your car is.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, the lowest mileage car I ever bought had 158K :D

Both my Bird and my Vic are above 160K

To me, maintenance and careful driving is much more important than mileage.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
.Your car is 12 years old and all of America (except the few on here) could care less about an MN12. A 96 Honda Accord with 125k miles is worth almost double what your car is.
doesnt that make you just want to throw up? makes me want to...im an americn car loving guy thast just how ford made me

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,791 Posts
Same here my dad has a 71 Ford XLT Truck with over 200k and the only thing he has ever had to do to it was reline the brakes & rebuild the carb ! :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Blah it's too much.And I don't know about in Iowa but here on the east coast there is a Frame recall on those trucks.Toyota actually buys them back for top dollar because alittle rust on the frame and they crumble and break.Cats go bad and cost well over $1k.Ebrake pivots suck and they chop tires.Terrible fuel mileage.

I say run away with a sticker of $10k.Maybe a $6-8k truck with the way the market is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts