TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Thunderbird SuperCoupe with one of these two colors. I have looked and looked into forums and I haven’t found a certain answer of which color it actually is. I inherited the car from my grandfather and we always just called it Chameleon paint. If anyone knows which it truly is it’d be very awesome to know from anyone who’s knowledgeable about these rare birds.

·
Super Moderator
8,294 Posts
That is a rare bird you have there! That color was only available on 95s, and with the low production of 95 SCs, there were only 86 SCs in that color. Of those 86, 61 were autos and only 25 were 5-speeds, so if that car has a manual trans, then it is pretty much the rarest of the rare when it comes to MN12s.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,581 Posts
That is a rare bird you have there! That color was only available on 95s, and with the low production of 95 SCs, there were only 86 SCs in that color. Of those 86, 61 were autos and only 25 were 5-speeds, so if that car has a manual trans, then it is pretty much the rarest of the rare when it comes to MN12s.
A buddy of mine had a 95 SC 5 speed in this color and he was a member here. And it blew the head gaskets and junked it without telling me. I almost died...

·
Super Moderator
8,294 Posts
A buddy of mine had a 95 SC 5 speed in this color and he was a member here. And it blew the head gaskets and junked it without telling me. I almost died...
Down to 24 then. I wonder how many are left.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,266 Posts
My friend Chris has as an auto one that the previous owner resprayed plain dark blue. Nice personalization, stupid 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s an automatic unfortunately but I still love everything about it. I had no idea there were less than a hundred of these produced. That is insane. I cannot believe I have something like that. Thank you very much for responding

·
Administrator
14,396 Posts
My friend Chris has as an auto one that the previous owner resprayed plain dark blue. Nice personalization, stupid 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 48405
Who owns the green or Black one parked next to you there, Matt? Great looking car!

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,266 Posts
Who owns the green or Black one parked next to you there, Matt? Great looking car!
That car is Platoribs(chris gates) 95. It's single stage maaco midnight blue, its a 10 footer, there are quite a few areas you can spot the original chameleon underneath chips/peels.

·
Administrator
14,396 Posts
Gotcha! A 10 footer! LOL

Nice from a far, far from nice!

• Haha
Reactions: Rodeo Joe
1 - 12 of 12 Posts