TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had finally got my bird back.. some of you have seen the photos of the paint job right after it got sprayed.. GP 1" springs, sport shocks, new tires.. I was happy.. was. (/exaggeration)

Left work in work truck this morning to do a job.. got back and pulled in and noticed my car... "What the crap is that... I know it's not what I think it is..." Got out, walked around... yep.. about a foot in diamater and 2-3 inches deep.. someone freakin hit my car on driver's side rear quater right above the bumper... I don't know when it happened.. anytime between yesterday and this morning when I first noticed it.. I doubt it happened at work.. and the other two places I went to know nothing about it.. Hit-and-run .. it sucks... paint's not even a month old... So I'm still trying to track some info down.. gonna see how much friendly body shop think's damage is and see if insurance will cover it as uninsured collision or something... Nonetheless, I'm bummed :redmad:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Sophosis said:
...Left work in work truck this morning to do a job.. got back and pulled in and noticed my car... "What the crap is that... I know it's not what I think it is..." Got out, walked around... yep.. about a foot in diamater and 2-3 inches deep.. someone freakin hit my car on driver's side rear quater right above the bumper... I don't know when it happened.. Nonetheless, I'm bummed :redmad:
She-it. Dude, same thing happened to me when I first bought my Grand National. 12 hours it was on the road... 12. Parked it next to the building at work in a parking lot mind you. Got in the company truck and did my route. Came back in the morning, some dumb-a$$ backed a truck into the rear quarter panel. Arg! :rant:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I feel your pain too. The only new car I every had was the biggest dent and ding magnet in the world.

1 month old, some [email protected] was doing a U-turn and side-swiped it while it was parked. Plus he had no insurance!

Then a deer got it on the other side.

Then a school bus took a corner too sharp and the entire part of the bus behind the back wheels scraped across the hood.

So now, it is a 2-tone car. The hood and fenders are a different color (junkyard pieces).

I'm afraid to do any paint and body on the Cat and make it a dent magnet too.:mad:

Rob

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea.. it bites.. I'm a bit over the shock value now... here's a picture

Stopped by my friendly body shop and had them write a real estimate that I can work with talking to insurance (hopefully, insurance will play along). Damage came out to be valued at $1300 worth... Still no leads on the freak who did it either..

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Sophosis said:
yea.. it bites.. I'm a bit over the shock value now... here's a picture
Stopped by my friendly body shop and had them write a real estimate that I can work with talking to insurance (hopefully, insurance will play along). Damage came out to be valued at $1300 worth... Still no leads on the freak who did it either..
Man that sucks. Looked like a nice paint job though. :)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
dude, that sux hardcore, hopefully you can find the a**hat that did it, :mad: be sure to work him over a bit, it'll make you feel better, j/k, it was a nice paint job though,

don't sweat it man, even if you don't find out who did it, they will get thiers, i am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" who knows, :2huh: , they will probably get it worse than they got you, hehehehe, later'z........:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts