TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

i'v seen this on a bunch of cars what is that?

and how do you go about in installing something like this because i'v been wanting to do that with my old 76 ford truck

351 w bored out to like a 500 lol you step on the gas and you hear the engine 3 blocks away lol

but i realy would like to install something like this

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm that wont work on my truck i think that be way to much cash to spend just for that effect

i've already have a supercharger set up adding NOS would be just crazy! plus its a lifted truck it wouldn't be wise lol

anyone now any tricks to solve this?

·
Registered
900 Posts
You can use carbon dioxide, or w/e it is in paintball gun tanks, much cheaper than nos to refill. And actually if you have an intercooler it can be an effective way to ice down the intercooler, offering further reduced temps in air inlet.

Though it'd really be pointless to hook up just for the purpose to purge.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You can use carbon dioxide, or w/e it is in paintball gun tanks, much cheaper than nos to refill. And actually if you have an intercooler it can be an effective way to ice down the intercooler, offering further reduced temps in air inlet.

Though it'd really be pointless to hook up just for the purpose to purge.
It would keep your temp down if you used it, For that purposes that is. Paintball guns use Co2 I believe, You could hook up a system probably fairly easy aswell. Wal*Mart usually sells Co2 tanks for paintball guns in the sporting goods dept.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
351 w bored out to like a 500
That would require a bore of 4.75" assuming a 3.5" stock stroke.... :leftright

i've already have a supercharger set
What size supercharger are you running to feed a 500 cu in engine? :2huh:

Just asking questions because something doesn't seem to add up. If you have the ability/money to make a 351W into a supercharged 500 cu in engine, then a nitrous system should be a piece of cake. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would require a bore of 4.75" assuming a 3.5" stock stroke.... :leftright

What size supercharger are you running to feed a 500 cu in engine? :2huh:

Just asking questions because something doesn't seem to add up. If you have the ability/money to make a 351W into a supercharged 500 cu in engine, then a nitrous system should be a piece of cake. :thumbsup:
Well first of all it wasn't me who made the truck it was my fathers ride and my first car he passed it down

as for the money issue i wasn't the one who did any of the upgrades to the vehicle at the time when i used the truck daily i was still in highschool and well it was a gas whore so didn't leave much for crusing

anyhow back on topic i'll ask my father where he got it but i'm not sure if it was bought because it looks fabricated alot of my fathers buddies are mechanics and designers/fabricators so dunno i'm not an expert in this subject but i'll ask for details for ya

as for the nitros system i'm currently tring to fix up my Tbird but i dont want to neglect the truck because that truck has a hissy fit any time i do :mad:

as for the Co2 packets

·
Registered
261 Posts
NOS is a brand. The chemical is N2O, nitrous oxide.
Yeah, I know. But most people associate N2O with the NOS or NX(Nitrous Express) brand names, So that's why I put NOS instead of N2O for the people who don't know what N2O means.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It would keep your temp down if you used it, For that purposes that is.
Which is what I said about icing down an intercooler for cooler intake temps. Simple purging into the atmosphere won't cool anything.

Paintball guns use Co2 I believe, You could hook up a system probably fairly easy aswell. Wal*Mart usually sells Co2 tanks for paintball guns in the sporting goods dept.
Carbon Dioxide = CO2

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which is what I said about icing down an intercooler for cooler intake temps. Simple purging into the atmosphere won't cool anything.

Carbon Dioxide = CO2
hey thats a neat idea kinda killing to birds with one stone

But woudn't such rapid temperture decrease cause fractures in the metal?

·
Registered
261 Posts

Carbon Dioxide = CO2
I was puting it into lamens terms, Not everybody understands that Carbon Dioxide is CO2. Not evra body has tha smartz like ya'll city folk do, lol.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Yeah, I know. But most people associate N2O with the NOS or NX(Nitrous Express) brand names, So that's why I put NOS instead of N2O for the people who don't know what N2O means.
I was puting it into lamens terms, Not everybody understands that Carbon Dioxide is CO2. Not evra body has tha smartz like ya'll city folk do, lol.
The people on this board are smarter than you give them credit...

·
Registered
900 Posts
true good point

just being cautious since its a pretty old engine
What do you plan on doing? Using CO2 or N2O to cool intake temps by purging through an intercooler? If thats the plan then it has no effect on the engine, except slightly cooler intake temps so age wouldn't matter. Or are you planning on using it for something else?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts