TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah I was actually having a decent time over here... I had a great team I worked with. We would give each other crap all the time and on our day off we'd all hang out and play video games and watch movies. I've made some cool friends thats for sure... except because some D Bag on night shift decides he doesn't wanna be here and work I get switched over to nights now... So I get off tonight at midnight and have to go into work tomorrow at midnight and work a normal 12 hour shift... Plus because this place doesn't know how to do time correctly... sun comes up at 4AM and sets at 6PM.. so I'll be in the sun more and won't be able to take any of the good tours cuz I'll be asleep during the day on my day off. So yeah... I just got royally ****ed by this base and I'm not happy at all... Bohica strikes again... it stands for bend over here it comes again... Morale went from being extremely hight to rock bottom right now... So yeah thats my freakin rant...

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
So yeah I was actually having a decent time over here... I had a great team I worked with. We would give each other crap all the time and on our day off we'd all hang out and play video games and watch movies. I've made some cool friends thats for sure... except because some D Bag on night shift decides he doesn't wanna be here and work I get switched over to nights now... So I get off tonight at midnight and have to go into work tomorrow at midnight and work a normal 12 hour shift... Plus because this place doesn't know how to do time correctly... sun comes up at 4AM and sets at 6PM.. so I'll be in the sun more and won't be able to take any of the good tours cuz I'll be asleep during the day on my day off. So yeah... I just got royally ****ed by this base and I'm not happy at all... Bohica strikes again... it stands for bend over here it comes again... Morale went from being extremely hight to rock bottom right now... So yeah thats my freakin rant...
:xpcry:

you're at the start of a very long time of getting put into these type of situations, just got to do what they need you to do, enjoy your money you make there and don't do anything stupid.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Well, the Air Force can't be that bad. Sounds like you still have it pretty good other than crappy hours.

An Army Recon guy once told me when I find myself in situations like the one you describe to say FIDO

F*** It Drive On.

And, Thanks for serving!

TM
US Army 1992-1997

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Let me know when raw sewage splashes between your toes, up to your knees while you're taking a shower during a heavy storm at sea... :tongue:

And at the same time, some poor sea sick, Coastie is hurling his guts out in the stall next to the showers....

And then factor in about an inch of water, vomit, and sewage sloshing around on the floor in 90 degree temperatures, in a horribly humid, enclosed head/lavatory… :beek:

Ah, the memories!!! :D :zpuke:

But I do feel for ya a little bit..... j/k! Military life definitely has its ups and downs!!! :beek:

Just remember, as bad as it is now…. It can always get worse. :zwall:

Good luck and hang tough!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I would rather work midnights. The big wigs aren't awake. Can actually be better for you....

If you have a situation arise like this, you have to arise for the situation, Find a way to make it better.....

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wouldn't be so bad if my freakin team leader wasn't so effin slow. Yesterday it took 9 hours for a brake change... 9 HOURS!!!... That **** should have been done in 2 hours tops. I know cuz I've changed 3 with my other team when Iw as on days. And believe it or not nights is hotter. The sun starts coming up around 4AM. It's definitely starting to heat up by 5AM. On Days you come in at noon and goto lunch at 5PM. The sun is all the way down at 6PM. Plus days has like 6 more teams than nights does and so they sit inside most of the time. And they like to **** us all over and leave like a crapload of jets for us to inspect and refuel. so usually we get to work and they are calling for 6 teams to go out the door before we even have tools checked out. NIGHTS gets screwed... and because my team leader is so freakin slow checking **** he doesn't need to and what not I remain on the line all day. I've started skipping lunch with everyone just so I can sit inside and relax. It's getting out of hand. Well I feel better *****ing and getting that out. He leaves in June so hopefully I'll get a guy who can do the job by the book but is quick about it. Or I can talk to supervision and get put back on days because I was 1 of 2 CSA's on days... now there is only 1. Alrighty I'm out. Time to finish getting ready for work.

Edit: Oh yeah thx for all the stories and what not guys. Makes me a little happier when I read all the replies :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
You air force guys make me laugh, you are on 365 shore duty and still have something to complain about. LOL.

So much for being elitist.... lol...

And Dude, Those kind of guys are everywhere.... and I mean everywhere. Easy way to solve that is to make Rank or get qualified higher than them, atleast that is what I have done.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AAHAH well in the Air Force we actually have to wait time in service and take tests to make rank... It's not just handed out like skittles ;) I would normally say its not taken away as easy either but lately they take a stripe for anything. My roommate just lost a stripe... I'm not sure but I think he's the guy that choked another airman because they got into an argument. I was like wait a minute I thought you were a tech sergeant and he's like I was. I have no clue wtf happened though aha.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
You air force guys make me laugh, you are on 365 shore duty and still have something to complain about. LOL.

So much for being elitist.... lol...

And Dude, Those kind of guys are everywhere.... and I mean everywhere. Easy way to solve that is to make Rank or get qualified higher than them, atleast that is what I have done.
me too. i now out rank, or have equal rank to most of the supervisors i had when i was an e-3.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
It wouldn't be so bad if my freakin team leader wasn't so effin slow. Yesterday it took 9 hours for a brake change... 9 HOURS!!!... That **** should have been done in 2 hours tops. I know cuz I've changed 3 with my other team when Iw as on days. And believe it or not nights is hotter. The sun starts coming up around 4AM. It's definitely starting to heat up by 5AM. On Days you come in at noon and goto lunch at 5PM. The sun is all the way down at 6PM. Plus days has like 6 more teams than nights does and so they sit inside most of the time. And they like to **** us all over and leave like a crapload of jets for us to inspect and refuel. so usually we get to work and they are calling for 6 teams to go out the door before we even have tools checked out. NIGHTS gets screwed... and because my team leader is so freakin slow checking **** he doesn't need to and what not I remain on the line all day. I've started skipping lunch with everyone just so I can sit inside and relax. It's getting out of hand. Well I feel better *****ing and getting that out. He leaves in June so hopefully I'll get a guy who can do the job by the book but is quick about it. Or I can talk to supervision and get put back on days because I was 1 of 2 CSA's on days... now there is only 1. Alrighty I'm out. Time to finish getting ready for work.

Edit: Oh yeah thx for all the stories and what not guys. Makes me a little happier when I read all the replies :)
you've got a lot to learn about the Air Force/Military in general.

Now, go sweep a HAS. :D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
:xpcry:

I work nights, its not that bad. 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, maybe 5 depending if I have to work OT. I just stay up all day friday and sleep during the nights on the weekends, then sleep sunday night and all day monday so I can be ready for work monday night. Its a nice long weekend. Also theres no one to look over my shoulders all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AHAH I work nights at home. 8-9 hours 5 days a week with occasional weekend duty... nights here is 12 hour shifts though we're usually there for 14-15 hours, midnight to noon, 6 days a week. Sun comes up at 4AM so its 115 by the time we leave. So yeah... I put in alot of hours a week ROFL. It's my night off tonight. WEEEEEEEE nudey channel ahah.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
man, i'd say in a given week, i do about 15 minutes of actual work. if i'm even here for a full shift.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
must be nice... I put in about 80+ hours a week right now AHAHA... and Major Powell was a dick when asked about going to 5 and 1's... He's like I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass. There has been no further consideration to go 5 on and 1 off... yeah that shut everyone up... morale over here is pretty low especially on nights. Days is a freakin breeze. I think they need to even out the work load just a tad or scheduling needs to clean up their act and quit launching so many jets at 1 time aahah. But yeah I'm definitely getting wore out over here and I've only been over here for 3 weeks. I don't see how people work 80+ Hours a week normally at home. Unless they do like ollies and not really work ahaha.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts