TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Ford T-bird with factory a/c. Nothing is coming thru the vents when I select max a/c, norm a/c, or vent. The a/c is blowing cold air but its coming thru the floor, just like the heat does. Defroster works fine and blows air on the windshield.

Anybody know whats causing this and how to fix?

Thanks

Larry

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,454 Posts
It's a problem with the vacuum motors and blend doors in the dash. One of the vacuum lines may have worked free from one of the motors, one of the motors may have stopped working, or the linkage between one of the motors and the door might have broken.

To fix it you'd need to look around inside the dash to identify the issue. If it's simply a line that worked loose it's as simple as reattaching it. If one of the blend doors is broken that usually entails removing the dash to have it replaced.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the same issue.

I dont want to pull the dash.. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's a problem with the vacuum motors and blend doors in the dash. One of the vacuum lines may have worked free from one of the motors, one of the motors may have stopped working, or the linkage between one of the motors and the door might have broken.

To fix it you'd need to look around inside the dash to identify the issue. If it's simply a line that worked loose it's as simple as reattaching it. If one of the blend doors is broken that usually entails removing the dash to have it replaced.
where are these vacuum motor located in the dash? any tech write ups?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts