TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just got my pi cams. i was wondering if someone can verify part numbers for me.

driver side: XL3E-6C255-ABC
passenger side: XL3E-6251-ABC

They got press on sprockets so they are from 99-00. Any help is apreciated.

frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Palmguy said:
It is a 2003 part number...I'd say it is safe to say that they are PI cams and not NPI cams, as all 4.6/5.4 cams in '03 are PIs.
ok cool, how can you tell its an 03 part #? i just figured since they had pressed on sprokets they were 99-00.

Frank

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Um, my PI cams on both my sets of 99 heads have pressed on sprockets. The cams on my 02 Explorer motor have bolt on.
The pressed on sprockets were on all 99-00 PI engines as they were Windsor built.
Romeo built engines have bolt on sprockets.
This is true for cars and trucks. In 99 and 00 even the PI cars got a Windsor built engine. Trucks may or may not have a Romeo built engine and cams from a 4.6 and 5.4 are interchangeable.
So, it isn't practical to assume a year based on sprocket type.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Keep in mind am not trying to be an ***. I am just answering accurately and pointing out the obvious.
The original question and commentary proposed by someone other than you who did actually start this thread suggested that his were 99-00 cams because they had pressed on sprockets.
I replied accurately with pertinent info to the original poster in this thread.
You asked an irrelevant question in someone elses thread and my post was not a reply to your question.
So to answer your next somewhat relevant question about who asked that, I have to say that nobody really did. I was talking to the originator of this thread about something that he had mentioned and was seemingly confused about.

Did you assume that since you posted a question in this thread that yours was now the sole subject?
Again, not being an ***, just curious.

Maybe you could start a new thread to ask your question.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Actually it's quite relevant that post in this thread rather than starting two threads about the same subject. This thread is about verifying a part number for PI cams, I have the same exact question. Since the last post in this thread was almost four months ago, I assumed (wrongly apparently) that you were replying to my question. I'm not gonna get into a pissing match over this but couldn't you be a little less of an a$$hole, just curious:D

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dave the part number is on the camshaft itself, not the sproket. and i'm not sure if the cams you are talking about are pi, someone else will probably help u out with that.

Frank

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
That's what I figured Frank, these cams were on ebay and in the pictures the guy took the pics of the part numbers on the sprockets, that's why I was asking. It looked as if he was showing the pics of the pn to verify the part, but I guess not.
I do not have part numbers of the cams, so now my question is awnsered.

Thanks Frank

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
My fault, I didn't look at the date of the original post and I should have. I just assumed since nobody mentioned that they were ressurecting an old thread for the purpose of a new question. Did you once mention that? May have made a difference if you would have huh?
I was just keeping it straight and to the facts and was trying to help with the subject that I thought was at hand. I even said that I wasn't tring to be an a$$. Keep in mind that you don't know me and cannot hear my tone when I am typing. That is why I try to stay matter of fact and use a lot of words.
I think it is preferable to start a new thread to keep just this sort of thing from happening. Keeps down the confusion level and doesn't hurt a thing you know.
Just a thought.
I definitely know that I wouldn't go around calling people names. Says much about the person doing it. That part you need to apoligize for, period. If you still want to call me names, do that somewhere else please. This forum is not the place.

So, we both made assumptions and that is where it ends up. Man, it's hard to talk on these forums. Even harder when I am not paying attention to dates it seems...
Sorry about my part of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts