TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sorta....

New to TCCoA but not Birds and not Fords in general.

Did 7 1/2 years in a Ford dealer's parts department. 15 years ago

Have owned two birds in the past. First was an 86 with a 3.8. Followed that a few years ago with a 94 w/ a 4.6. Got rid of it after it wouldn't pass inspection due to rust. Also had a 94 Taurus SHO at the same time as the 94 Bird. Thing broke every other day. but when it wasn't broke... Whoo wee she was quick.

In the process of buying a 97 4.6, no rust and in good mechanical shape. Should have the keys and paperwork in my hands next week.

Looking forward to participating here on the forums.

Brian

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
grats welcome to the 96/97 family :) post some pics when you get the keys

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!

I like your Sig there Superbirdy... One of my previous rides was also an ambulance.

I worked as an EMT-I/D for 12 years. Got kinda burned out so I resigned.

All I have for pics of my new Bird are some cruddy and small cellphone pics.

I also have a shot of my old SHO that has my old Ranchero and my 94 Bird in the background.

And my old work rides. the first shows the back end of my 94

Brian

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,300 Posts
Brian,

Welcome to TCCoA!

A lot of New Englanders post up in the Mass. Chapter forums, stop by! :D It's been pretty quiet lately. :(

Joe

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi, Brian! Welcome to the lonely Northeast from your neighbor in Maine. I'm living in the Lewiston-Auburn area of Maine and have seen only three MN12's since I've been here. Your know how rare they are when people come up and ask, "Hey, beautiful car, What kind is it, anyway?" Guess their reading skills are a little lacking.
:D:D

·
Super Moderator
12,844 Posts
I was just in Boston, MA, & Portland and Freeport, ME on vacation last week. Does that count? LOL. Actually I travel extensively with work during the Spring and Fall so, may be I'll get a chance to meet you some day.

I'll be in Pittsburgh, PA a couple of times a year too.

Welcome to TCCoA!

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,816 Posts
New England is very nice :) Lived in Manchester NH for a little over a year. ONE of the best memorys is a Moose standing in the front yard:eek:

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I like your Sig there Superbirdy... One of my previous rides was also an ambulance.

I worked as an EMT-I/D for 12 years. Got kinda burned out so I resigned.

All I have for pics of my new Bird are some cruddy and small cellphone pics.

Brian
right on not sure on what level emt you are as here in cali we have emt-b's(what i am) and emt-p's(paramedics) we don't have the whole I II III system. but damn 12 years thats a long time i'm just starting out so far no complaints:D

here's my rig

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I like that Ranchero. I used to be into Tauruses as well, many people have the same problem with the SHOs. Someone has in their sig "Taurus SHO: Making mechanics out of ordinary people since 1989".

What happened to the Ranchero?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like that Ranchero. I used to be into Tauruses as well, many people have the same problem with the SHOs. Someone has in their sig "Taurus SHO: Making mechanics out of ordinary people since 1989".

What happened to the Ranchero?

Gone to the great junkyard in the sky....

I was in an accident with it. I was stopped at a stop sign in a residential neighborhood and a guy backed out of his driveway right into me. I had a car in front and one in back and couldn't get out of the way. The irony is they who hit me was driving an EL Camino!!

His insurance only gave me $700 to fix the car. You try finding a replacement fender for 77 Ranchero....

Parked it for a year and a half. Went to restart work on it and the floor boards had rotted away along with most of the under body stuff like brake lines. Didn't want to but as I was moving, I had to let her go.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts