TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new-comer in the forum. And am very interested to tune my car is a Ford Thunderbird SC -89. I have been on supercoupeperformance.com they take $ 3,600 for a Magnum Powers Performance Package it's pretty much money. Are there any alternatives you will lightly with the same effect?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I'm not up on the 6 cylinders, so I can't really comment. But I wanted to welcome you to TCCoA!! :wavey:

It is always nice to see people from across the pond joining.

Is you 89 an automatic or manual. I ask because the performance options are probably different. I'm sure is you do some searching on here you can find plenty of advice on how to upgrade everything.

·
5,650 Posts
Welcome!

What kind of power goals are you looking to achieve? There are a couple of "quick" mods you can do to an SC, but after that you really start having to spend money not only to break barriers but also to increase reliability. The SC is a great and fun car, but it isn't the most budget-friendly one to mod. A small overdrive pulley on the blower, the later model MAF sensor, a cone filter, a better exhaust, and a tune would give you a pretty good power increase. You can always go quicker by changing the gears, but with the manual going more than 3.27s will make first gear pretty useless. SCCoA has a lot of great information about SCs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts