TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I got my car back from getting a rebuilt tranny. They had to fool with the exhaust alittle bit and stuff. Sounded pretty quiet back then, as I progress on driving the sound is getting louder and louder and now theres a huge drone and I dont feel like going deaf. Other than the drone it sounds awesome but im pretty sure its some leak because for one I already have an exhaust leak somewhere(ticking sound) and its so loud it drones like nooooo tomorrow. Im puttin it on ramps tomorrow, what should I check for?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Easiest way to to check would be to have the car running. Get underneath and follow the pipes with your hands, feeling for air that will be leaking out. Especially check around your cats.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked under the car today and it seems like its coming from there area where the cat connects to the muffler, felt some air around there. I'm just gonna bring it back up to the tranny shop, then they can fix whatever is goin on with 4th gear because for some reason its slipping a little bit when I just touch the throttle sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts