·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
That's ridiculous, someone WILL and SHOULD get sued!
For what?

Its good and bad. The family that lost their son is happy cause their son is alive, and the family whose son was alive is now dead. No one is gonna get sued. Not everyone is American.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
I feel sorry for the poor son of a [email protected]#$% that first figured it out. I mean think about it. "Hey mom, that isn't Tommy, thats his friend" ...how do you say something like that???

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Pooperscooper said:

For what?

How about gross negligence and incompetence? Giving the officers the benefit of the doubt and saying they weren't just being lazy results in their managers being culpable for not training them properly. Somebody screwed up bad and he/she should take responsibilty for it. There's no way to "fix" it but I don't see where anyone has so much has offered an apology beyond the public affairs types, aka spin control managers.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
So your saying that people should sue others for every mistake? I understand that they made a HUGE mistake, but they won't be sued for it. No judge in the right mind would rule it toward the parents. Don't parents need to identify the body after an accident? What happened there? If the parents were never brought in, something could happen, but if parents said this is my son there is nothing that can be done.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Deputies said they were in the process of using dental records and fingerprints to positively identify the person killed in Saturday's accident on U.S. 131 north of Alba, about 35 miles from Traverse City.

Deputies said they found Bement's identification near the body, which was ejected from the car, and believed the body to be his. Smith's wallet and identification were in the trunk, and the officers at the scene believed Smith was in the back seat with major head and facial injuries.

What they saw shocked them: The boy, who had straight hair, did not look at all like their curly haired son. Instead, the boy looked like Smith.

"They had told us to be prepared for a shock because it didn't look like him," Michele Bement said. "They kept saying it was because he had a lot of facial damage, a lot of muscle damage. They thought we were in denial."
They couldn't tell -- no one will be sued over it. If they can't ID a person, other means are taken.

Prove there was any wrong doing. You find an ID near someone -- that's your first guess if you can't tell from their face or size. The parents obviously never IDed the body and couldn't tell since the other kid is still wrapped up

·
Registered
972 Posts
Plus, from what im told here from just about everyone on tccoa, The cops are always right and you cannot sue them for anything. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts