TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else get on of these hoods and have to modify there hood hinges and there hood to get it to go on? Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll let you know if mine is raised once I get it on. Have the left side done now need to cut the rest of the right side. Have all the wiper molding off right now, while I cut the hinges. Also are you all using your factory hood struts to hold the hood up? Thanks

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
My old VFN had a slight raise that you are talking about. The new one they make, the hinge support is more beefy. That's why you need to cut the hinges a little to make them fit. Doesn't hurt anything, it can support the weight. I use the factory hood struts no problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'll hack away at it a bit more lol.. Hope to have it on by Monday. Need to get it on so I can get the bullitt intake put on.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I must have the extended cowl on mine because you can only raise it like 4ft before your hittng the wiper blade. Now removing the blade gets me another few inches of hood clearance. It's just annoying having to remove the wiper blade to work on the car.. is there a way to make the bolt on hood a pin on?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have the bolt-on cowl hood from VFN. Had to trim 3/4" from the rear edge of the cowl portion to allow the hood to open fully without hitting the windshield. I had a body shop handle the rest of the install, fitting and paint. They advised against using the hood struts because the force from them dimpled the hood when closed, and they said it could cause the paint to crack. I went with a prop rod to avoid that, but unfortunately the paint eventually cracked anyway from my having to slam the hood closed. The hood latch bracket was not positioned correctly for easy latching. So, watch for that!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I swear if it's not one thing it's anoughter.. I get it on the car and have it pretty much lined up. Go to close it and it won't. Look up under and it doesn't clear the Vortech. I really don't want to cut any of the bracing . If I had know it was going to cut this damn much I would have just got the pin on hood.

·
Super Moderator
12,561 Posts
Rob got it to fit over his Vortech. Give him a call and ask him how he did it.

Edit: My bad, I just realized Rob and I have Fiber Concepts hoods not VFN. They're not the same.

You might ask OxmanWI for suggestions. He has the VFN hood.

·
Registered
605 Posts
From what I can see it clears the blower . But hits the intake tube. Also hitting the clamps for the discharge tube. I think I can drop the intake tube another inch and clamps on discharge are easy fix. I'll update this weekend when I get a chance to work on it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep still have to cut the hood a little not to bad. Replaced the door pins in my driver door this weekend also. Door now shuts with one finger . Little more body work to do then time for paint.

·
Super Moderator
12,561 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to see it finally painted. :tongue:

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Here is a picture of my hood brackets. I also had to use different bolts, the stock bolts would hit the fender upon closing the hood.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks just like mine do right now. Got it on and lined up last night. Did have to cut out about 8 inches long and 3 inches wide of bracing to get it to sit. Was hitting the intake tube and the discharge tube off the supercharger. Looks sweet thought. Also rolled the fenders this weekend. Hope to have it painted and on the road again in about a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts