TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance at a nice finished vfn hood, its on a 1996 board but I have a 94 with supecoupe bumpers. Would this hood fit my car, some say it does some say it went but I know you guys will know forshur..let me know ASAP I don't wanna lose out if it does..I fit a stock 97 hood on my 95 years back with no issues hoping,g this will be the same case.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have a chance at a nice finished vfn hood, its on a 1996 board but I have a 94 with supecoupe bumpers. Would this hood fit my car, some say it does some say it went but I know you guys will know forshur..let me know ASAP I don't wanna lose out if it does..I fit a stock 97 hood on my 95 years back with no issues hoping,g this will be the same case.
Yes, it'll fit fine. The issue will be with the 94 headlights not quite fitting the same shape as the 96/97 hood line. Your car will have "eyebrows" where the lines don't quite match.

Not a big deal really, if it bugs you swap out a 96/97 header panel and headlights. The 94/95 front bumper will bolt right up and look fine.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Thanks,guy I got the hood from is sending me the panel and headlights..
I painted the hood with spraypaint in 35 degree weather in the garage and vie never had a spray job turn out so well..hehe . a little bodyline gap above the headlights,I will call is my ghetto ram air,lol

I got my 97 hradlights and panel and while comparing the 97 headlights to my 94 i see no difference,could they be the same style?

Visual only !
Me, i have a 94lx. I pit on xenon side skirts,94 supercoupe bumpers, 17in oz rims,custom decals, cowl hood,97 spolier with led brake light and painted the calipers red.i also painted the hood,bumpers and skirts my self. I love the 2 color paint scheme.
Also have some colorful bird feathers stuck in the dome light. Only feathers my daughter finds. Lol only one i know is a bluejays.
I will post pics tomorrow if its not snowing.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My lights forshur came off a 96 or 97, i saw the car they came from..can any one post a side by side.?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Oooooo, i think my bird looks mean, its a little quick with the mods too.im very happy with it.

I love the way my bird looks now, looks beasty. But its bark is by far bigger than its bite..with the mods ive done though its by no means slow anymore..it actually i think has the best 0 to 60 of any bird or cat ive owned..even over my built cat or my mp powered supercoupe..
It may may have gears , idk..but at 55 my rpms are at 2800 with overdrive on.
Also,like my intake i made? Igot a muatang one and had to do a little work to makeitfit but there it is,steady breathing.and yes,the filter goes into the bumper and the end lip on the filter almost completly closes the hole i cut under where the airbox was.looks and sound very nice.

Attachments

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put the bra on the vfn hood and will be installing hoodpins after reading how these hoods have broken by the latch and messed some nice cars uo.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I'm getting pins soon for my new hood, too- will you be going traditional pins or AeroCatch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts