TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a 96+ headlight/hood on my 95. I like the stock 96 hood more than any of the aftermarket models, I just can't seem to find any around here.
My question is if I go with a new stock hood (with steel bracing) from VFN is the weight savings worth the price? Also what exactly is the weight of the stock steel hood? Thanks in advance.
- Mike

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hmm I have thought about getting this hood also just for the weight savings but haven't looked much further into it since it is far down the road for me right now. Maybe a call to them woul give you an answer, you would think they would have a weight for shipping purposes at least.

-Miller

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Maybe we can get another GP going. They'll do a reduced cost for any order over 10 hoods from what they told me.

I need one for my 1991 project. I am going with a pin-on hood with dzus fasteners. If anyone is for hoods we can collect 8-10 people for any hoods they sell and get a group discount.

-Todd

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
i still need one too but im not going to commit to a gp at this time.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Ill need one soon too. Ill be in for a group purchase.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hood

Pity the don't offer 89' - 95' hoods

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
If you want a hood made I'm sure you can talk to them. It took a long time to get the 96/97 hood done right. I don't have the time to devote to the project or I would work with them. I'm upgrading my 91 to 96 specs so I can use their hood.

Keith, can we start another hood GP thread and see if we can get enough people to get a price break?

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
If you want a hood made I'm sure you can talk to them. It took a long time to get the 96/97 hood done right. I don't have the time to devote to the project or I would work with them. I'm upgrading my 91 to 96 specs so I can use their hood.

Keith, can we start another hood GP thread and see if we can get enough people to get a price break?
Ill be ready to buy one in a few weeks at earliest.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If we can get a group purchase, I have cash in hand.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Weak! I carried my hood on my own when I replaced it.
It's more awkward than anything else. I valued my paint so I didn't want tp attempt it bymyself though I did move it out of the truck by myself and I weigh in under 150 :D

-Miller

·
Registered
6,223 Posts

sure no problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts