TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so all of my chickens are in a row, what is the difference between the bolt on and the pin on hoods? Those of you with one of these hoods, what did it take to put it on and make it fit right?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Pin on hoods have no bracing and require pins at all four corners. Bolt on hoods bolt to the factory hinges and only need pins on the front.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
a little bit of sanding around where the hinges bolt to but i think they are actually taking care of that problem, then it can use a lot of sanding to make it ready for paint..

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Have they started shipping them able to open all the way yet? If not I'll just have to get a fiber concepts one in feb.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Have they started shipping them able to open all the way yet? If not I'll just have to get a fiber concepts one in feb.
i dont know. if i ever get my car running ill bring it up there and fit one. but i gotta get my car running first.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Excessive shipping

My VFN pin on hood just got into Winnipeg. Not sure what it looks like yet because I've yet to pick it up. The trucking company VFN deals with charged me $230 COD shipping before duty and brokerage. I am going to deal with customs myself to save the $45 brokerage fee, though this will take about 2 hours of my time and a lot of running around. They did a good job of shipping it fast (about a week), but $230 is excessive if you ask me. I called greyhound with the package dimensions and weight and they said $120 to ship back to them (ETA 6 days)... VFN says they won't deal with anyone else for shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts