TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car vibrates and shimmys very harshly when going about 40+mph, it gets real bad at 50, but evens out between 60-80. It makes a clanking noise when I come to a stop and it sounds basically like the wheel on the passenger side is going to fall off! I have changed the Lower Control Arm bushing and the Ball Joints, any other ideas?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
maybe the hubs...causing endplay and vibration. They are easy to fix. Do you get any vibration when braking also?

joseph

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it vibrates like a wild animal from about 70 down to 50, the same place it shimmy's during acceleration or cruising. Hubs?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
maybe BOTH the hubs and rotors. The bearing and hub assy is one peice and not seperately servicable. Rotors are cheap, hubs are kinda pricey. About 70-80 each, try to get them from Dan Newman if you can, I pity you and that damn 8.25% sales tax.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh Hubs....I wish I had some idea what those were....I've never messed with anything like that before. I know it's not the rotors. I just changed them yesterday, though the braking did improve, the ride is still horrible without the brakes being applied. Are Hubs an easy job, or rather complicated? Any special tools?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
PWRDbyTRD said:
Ahh Hubs....I wish I had some idea what those were....I've never messed with anything like that before. I know it's not the rotors. I just changed them yesterday, though the braking did improve, the ride is still horrible without the brakes being applied. Are Hubs an easy job, or rather complicated? Any special tools?
the hubs are what is behind the rotor....with the 5 studs on it. Its held on by a single bolt which will more then likely require an impact wrench to remove the bolt. It slides right off the spindle. The retainer nut is 36mm and needs to be reaplaced when the old one is removed.

joseph

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92-108 dollars were the prices I found for bearings (what everyone lists them as) Hub Assemblies....and with that 9.25% sales tax....it sucks. It's ok though, I guess I now have a project for monday. Do you think a big socket wrench and a pipe (torque) can get that 36mm off??

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If I am not mistaken, since you are not in OK, Dan Newman can't charge you sales tax, only shipping.

But yes I agree with buying parts from him, he sold me Oem parts for the same as [email protected] aftermarket stuff. (Don't tell anyone, but he didn't even charge me shipping and it was at the house the next day.)

Where did you get your price from?

rob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I priced them from Napa, Advanced, and Auto Zone....who is this guy I should buy them from? I'm kinda new on the boards....linkage would be helpful! :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
He's on the TCCoA home page at Joe Cooper Ford in Midwest City, Ok (OKlahoma City) and he gives TCCoA members special discounts. All you gotta do is say you got his toll free number (800-226-6049) off of this sight and you're golden.:D

He many not be able to beat the parts store chain prices (autozone etc.) but you will be getting OEM parts at a good price. Many, many people on this sight recommend him.

rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts