TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Ford E-250 Cargo Van I use for work. It has about 285k on it. I drive all over the country with it. That being said, while cruising anywhere from 45-60 mph the steering wheel vibrates for about 8 seconds and then stops for 8 seconds, then repeats. Any clue??? If I am on the interstate 60+ mph its not really noticable at all. Any thougths would be appreciated.

Clint Hill

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
When it vibrates, does it quit when you let off the gas a bit (as to maintain speed, not completely off the gas)?

If so, my vote is a wheel bearing.

Jay

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
i got new tires. i had something similar before, but not after new tires. maybe they need balancing or replacement?

she's smooth as a baby now.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When it vibrates, does it quit when you let off the gas a bit (as to maintain speed, not completely off the gas)?

If so, my vote is a wheel bearing.

Jay

Well i really only notice it when i have the cruise set between 55-60mph.

i got new tires. i had something similar before, but not after new tires. maybe they need balancing or replacement?

she's smooth as a baby now.
The tyres are fairly new. They are commercial Michelin tyres that get about 200k on them before having to be replaced. I havent rotated them in a couple months though. I usually rotate them every other oil change.

C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check for balance more than rotation.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of tires are these? are they like 4x more expensive than regular tires?
Oh yeah, they are "E" rated tyres. Made for carrying weight. They cost $220 a piece.

C.Hill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts