TCCoA Forums banner

Vibration

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob 
#1 ·
I have a vibration when Im on the gas over 30, Motor purrs and trans shift nicely, fluids red not burnt. Getting a set of rims saturday. But I dont think thats it. This is a small vibration it doesnt get any worse as speed increases. And if I let off it coasts smooth as glass. wheel bearings are new as are motor mounts. A broken mount maybe?? Help please

#3 ·
Doesnt seem bad, no clunking when going into gears. I guess they could be bad. Could it be trans mount? There is no noise

#7 ·
POS Driveshaft.

Search "driveshaft +vibration" for threads; I went thru a vibration issue a few years ago.

I already have a new driveshaft for my "new" 97 tbird, and I've barely had it a month. :)

Air silencer and driveshaft are my first two mods, lol.

It will get worse, believe me. :(

#8 ·
x3 bad u joints with slack in them or "hard spots" will cause vibration when accelerating/maintaining speed. They will usually smooth out when off the gas or in neutral. To check them is easy. Put the car in N and see if you can turn the driveshaft and the yoke (also the pinion flange at the back) in opposite directions, if there is slack you have found the culprit. Hope this helps!
-Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.