TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this harsh vibration that comes through the wheel at speeds upwards of 45mph, and it gets worse with speed. I also have one when I brake, but I suspect that's from a warped rotor (no matter, I'm gonna eventually do the KVR swap). I thought the vibration was from a slow leak in the left front tire, but when I had my new wheels put on, it's still there. A friend of mine thought it may be a bushing, but he's not an expert. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

P.S.- when I originally had the vibration, I had the stock wheels with stock tire sizes on my car, so it couldn't be the alignment of the valve stem and the painted lug, as I have read about, since it was the factory setup.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Can you isolate from which corner the vibration is coming from?

Try swaping the wheels from the opposite corner, and see if the vibration moves with that wheel - then you know it's a tire/wheel.

If not - it could be a few different things - balljoints, bad wheel bearingsk, etc.

Have you taken it to a shop yet? Usually estimates are free :).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I know is that its deffinately up front. I guess one way (other than a shop) to tell is to check the pressure of the tires after a run on the highway. Whatever one is a little higher may have the vibration because it is moving more, making it warmer and therefore having more "jumpy" molecules. If that reveals nothing, then I will take it to a shop. I've had it in mind for a while now and I'm pretty sure it will come to that. Thanx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts