TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Movin' out!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mfVMg7mrxOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
12,538 Posts
Booyah!

Wow That's great! Good video too!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Woah jimmy demmit jr has some competition LOL.

I wish to give you a bow and and an applause thats quite a feat to get a full weight bird in the 9s. Gotta love the 4.6.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea just imagine if I'd have turned overdrive off, it shifted to overdrive at 115 mph I forgot to hit o/d off button I have no clue how the band held that, I tried a few more tries but couldant figure out how to launch the converter I was running I backed it up with a [email protected] 138.72 mph to show how bad over drive killed mph the car ran 109.89 1/8 to 132.xx 1/4 and the 10.00 was a 1.54 60ft vs 1.48 and 1/8 speed was. 109.60 to 1/4 138.72 I really wish overdrive would have been off oh well there is always next motor

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Congrats:
So now you'll need to cage it and then push the engine even further to offset the added weight of the cage, right?
-g

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Congrats Rob!!! That thing is a beast!!

You shaved a full second off in pretty much a year's time without the use of NOS. It was just last winter when you were shooting for a 10.99. That is quite an accomplishment, and not easy to do when already at a very high power level!!

Al

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea the big kooks headers and e85 and the bullit discharge tube along with the huge accufab throttle body really picked it up, know ill concentrate on helping Ricky go fast with the svo blower setup the setup should be capable of mid 9s with out even pushing the limits of the motor, the new setup will be an iron block

Robert

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
Just wondering Rob is your bird a Teskid Block or a Explorer block . Just hoping I ever have that issue with my T.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It's explorer but if u do the math I was push near 900 hp at the flywheel, and we weren't exactly easy on it from readings teksid is no stronger than a wap block the other thing is, at that power level something can always break, I mean that thing prepelled a 3760 pound car full of gas with driver, so it was moving some weight, I can't shed the weight on it easy I've tried on simple stuff just don't work and I'm not stripping the car down

Robert

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
Cool no fear here then, mine will ever see that much. Your right about your 281 putting out that much power :eek: And exhaust smelling like "popcorn " :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea we figured each cylinder is rough 110 hp and stock is 25 lol

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I want that car!! Nice job Robert!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Congrats! Looked good. What kinda PCV system do you have? Was the smoke at end of track oil or coolant?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts