TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I don't mean to revive and old topic, but I've been curious about this for a while, and the searches I've done only turn up results dealing with insurance - but the VIN for my '96 T-Bird 4.6 2V LX shows on state registration (in addition to insurance) as an LXSVT. As far as I can tell, it's a standard LX package. Other searches have turned up Sport packages that show as SVT, but mine has the LX 215 wheels, the stock LX suspension, and no spoiler(though I've got a sport wing on there now, it didn't come from the dealership like that).

Now I know that the Ford SVT only breifly looked into making an SVT package for the T-Bird in 96/97, and it never went into mass production - there's only two true SVTs that I've heard of. Before I started working on it, it was a stock Romeo 4.6 with 4R70W and 3.27 drive ratio. I'm leaning towards it being a glitch in the VIN designation, but has anybody else heard of this on their registration, not just their insurance?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eh, feel free to disregard this. I did some diggin through one of the stickies in this forum, and found my answer. Sorry for the spam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts