TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I decided to go and look at this bird that I've been staring at during my LA class. It turns out its not white as I thought, but grey. The snow was tricking me I guess. Neway, I grabbed the vin while I was up there cause I was a little confused on the engine. I knew it was 96 or 97, but there was no badging for a v8. I assumed it was a V6, but then it had SC wheels. The vin is IFALP62W5THI82075. Everything looks find right up until the I before the build number. Did I just write it down wrong or or is there some code thats not in the articles?

<i>Edit: Try <b>1</b>FALP62W5TH<b>1</b>82075
Those should be 1's (as in the number), not I's
</i>

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I think 62W is what gives it away as a V8. Also, I always thought the sports models had the badges. Didn't SC rims come with the sports package?

Jim

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it could have been a sport. I just stopped by, wrote down the phone number and the vin number. I didn't check the back for 2 tailpipes either. Its a V8 though, as the vin shows. I think the 1997s came with v8 badging right? Those were not there. It did have SC rims. Did the sport come with V8 badging? If its a sport... YAY for me. Its a very good price.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What makes you think that its a 96? The vin says 97 where im lookin. Also, the brakes did appear bigger than the ones on my 95. Its 6000, but i dont know mileage. Dont tell MadRussian. He might steal her from me. :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I could have sworn I saw the same V8 badges as on the 95's on a 96/97. This was over 2 years ago when I was searching for a bird for myself. I haven't paid much attention to it lately.

Jim

·
Registered
722 Posts
95LX said:
I think 62W is what gives it away as a V8. Also, I always thought the sports models had the badges. Didn't SC rims come with the sports package?

Jim
The later models had SC look-a-likes for wheels. The give-away is the fact that you can see the lug nuts. On the SC wheels, the center cap covers the nuts.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
do you plan to slap that Vortech right onto your stock 3.8? Just curious...
Yep, it will complement my Ported heads, cam, and ported intakes nicely. I'm building a custom front mount intercooler with 9-10psi intercooled boost hitting the engine at around 5000rpm. stock Shortblock on the 3.8L N/A will handle ~300rwhp/300rwtq and last quite a long time with a good tune, several V6 stangs pushing 340rwhp on a stock shortblock with 25,000+ miles with there setups.
I should be around 250rwhp 280rwtq with the vortech installed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts