TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Wild guess...the door sticker, under the carpet, engine bay stickers...or window sale sticker? Why do you need to know other places? Just wondering....

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I found one when I replaced my fender last year. I honesty don't remember exactly where it was but I remember that I found it when I removed the passenger fender.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
What Rod said. The VIN decals on my fenders are in plain sight on the vertical inside edge of the fender about in the center over the wheel well (under the hood, just below the hood line). On the underside of the hood near the passenger hinge area. On the bottom center of the doors. On the bottom side of the trunk lid. On the backside of the bumper boots, they are easily seen if you get on your back and look around the inside of the bumper.

I wouldn't be surprised if the body cladding has VIN decals on the backside as well. I'm not sure where they would put one on the spoiler though? Under the brake light or bottom of a pedestal???

Basically if it's a removable body panel it's tagged and if it isn't it's a red flag of a replaced panel or half-a$$ repaint or somethings up. I'm speaking strickly about my '97. ymmv. So what are you trying to figure out? Haven't you recently stated elsewhere that you have a salvage title?

If you have to ask where the VIN decals should be I'm assuming it's been repaired or given a sloppy full repaint and they didn't mask off the VIN decals which is a big no no for a professional painter. It only takes a few minutes to spot the locations even if they are badly faded. you should still be able to see a decal even if it was painted over.

I'm sure there are other less accessable locations as well. ;)

·
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol well this could explain why I haven't seen any VIN stickers anywhere. Before I got the car, the hood, both bumper covers, and both fenders have been replaced! I assume the body shop didn't transfer the stickers over. I'm just curious because I'm going to be transfering some things from one car to another and wanted to know what, if anything, that I was transfering would have the VIN attached.

·
Registered
171 Posts
master486 said:
Lol well this could explain why I haven't seen any VIN stickers anywhere. Before I got the car, the hood, both bumper covers, and both fenders have been replaced! I assume the body shop didn't transfer the stickers over. I'm just curious because I'm going to be transfering some things from one car to another and wanted to know what, if anything, that I was transfering would have the VIN attached.
It's a remote possibility that you in fact do have the original sheetmetal, however those stickers well, some are there forever (like the ones in the trunk) but the ones on the lower part of the bumper cover or on the hood or fenders will and do come off with no evidence of them being there in the first place (unless you had a crappy paint job and the guy that did it taped over the sticker and just shot it w/ paint). Also you can't transfer the stickers b/c it will leave a pattern simular to removing the old silver stickers off of a rented video cassette. There were several places that you could get replacement OEM stickers, but I haven't seem in the past few years (thanks to folks too lazy to buy themselves a car so they steal one, buy a wrecked shell and swap VIN between the 2).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts