TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to test out the teksid motor tonight for the first time. I will let you know how it goes in the 1/8th mile.

Mods

12-1 compression
MHS stockmod PI heads
comp 270 cams
pi intake
kooks mid lengths to true duals
no cats
Magnaflow mufflers
80MM maf
75MM plenum/throttlebody
underdrive pulley.
3800 stall converter
built trans
3.73 gears
slicks
No AC or PS.

I typically run 8.3-8.4 at this track during the summer so we will see how it goes. I am limiting the RPM to 6600 so I will play with the shift points up to that point.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ran a sting of 8.20's at 83MPH. Not exactly what I was hoping for but my sixty foot times were all around 1.80's due to track prep.

The tune could use some tweaking at certain points. It takes off and then slows and then takes off again. I'm glad it worked but I am going to forgo racing until I get my dynotune in two weeks. Then I will be able to make an accurate determination of whether my motor was worth it or not.

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
The tune could use some tweaking at certain points. It takes off and then slows and then takes off again.
How are you monitoring A/F ratio?

Listen close for signs of detonation; you don't want to waste all that hard work. :)

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
From what he posted in my 97 progress thread he is running a Zeitronix Wideband kit, which kit though I'm not sure, and whether he opted for the rectangle gauge, round gauge, or is using the software and a laptop. I also don't know. Either way.... Zeitronix makes good stuff. I'm very pleased with their ZT-2 Kit.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what he posted in my 97 progress thread he is running a Zeitronix Wideband kit, which kit though I'm not sure, and whether he opted for the rectangle gauge, round gauge, or is using the software and a laptop. I also don't know. Either way.... Zeitronix makes good stuff. I'm very pleased with their ZT-2 Kit.
I am using the zeitronix kit with a laptop. That way I can keep my datalogs and look at them later.

I was listening for detonation Grog but don't trust myself trying to drive, listen, and pay attention to a laptop all at the same time. I started out shifting at 5400 and ran an 8.22 so I know there is more in it with a good tune up to 7000 RPM which is where I think I should be shifting.

The car does finally feel like it has a top end though which is nice. Before the car launched great but then was pretty lackluster after 40MPH compared to my wifes 4valve. Now it feels just as strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts