TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I will be spending my vacation in the US and Canada this year. I am REALY looking forward to it. It is going to be my 4-th visit to the US. Last time was in september 2001. (that was not a good time to visit!) This year we will be in the North-East. Starting in Boston going up north into Canada and back into the US through the Niagra Falls with destination Washington DC and New York. Offcourse I will be looking for parts aswell during my stay. Does anyone have any good adresses for me to find parts in this area or places I shouldn't miss? Are there any meetings maybe in the period of the 4-th of september untill the 20-st?? Looking forward to your reactions and advice.

Ferry ( The Netherlands )

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
The Smithsonian Museums - http://www.si.edu/museums/

Take your pick, The National Air & Space Museum was very cool to see. I would also like to see the American History and Natural History buildings.

Gettysburg (Pennsylvania) I thought was really awesome too. The greatest battle ever fought on American soil was held here in the first 3 days of July 1863. It's also known as the high water mark for the American Civil War.

As far as parts, it totally depends on what you're looking for, the U.S.A. would be a great place to pick some T-Bird specific parts up no doubt.

I hope you enjoy your visit to this great, though problematic nation.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Any time you are in the Boston area give us a call. There are several guys in the area that you could hang out with if you so desire.

--Craig

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
hey... if your going to be up in the falls you should meet up with Justin and I... depending on the day, there are always car shows and stuff going on... if not, we'll hit up the canadian ballet

alexanders 4L lol

·
8,239 Posts
SC_Steve said:
hey... if your going to be up in the falls you should meet up with Justin and I... depending on the day, there are always car shows and stuff going on... if not, we'll hit up the canadian ballet

alexanders 4L lol
Thumbs up dude.

Canadian Ballet is a must see for any newcomers.

Alexanders is kind of trashy, but no cover and cheap beers.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
JustinH said:

Alexanders is kind of trashy, but no cover and cheap beers.
fat and/or pregnant strippers?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
well... lets put it this way, the ONLY bathroom I seen at the joint was converted into a dressing room for the ladies (and I use that term loosly) lol

but actually... some of the girls werent half bad looking. I still say that the place is an undercover whore house :tongue:

oh also... Is it possible to bring a bottle of absenth over with you? I want to try that stuff :D

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
JustinH[/i] Alexanders is kind of trashy said:
well some of the girls werent half bad looking. ...:tongue:
:uppoint: :uppoint:

These statements don't go "hand in hand" do they.... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Stop through Rhode Island!!! Nobody ever visits the biggest little state in the Union.. :D

It's well worth a visit at least once in your lifetime. PM me if you want to know what there is to see here. If nothing else, we have some of the BEST Italian food in the country! :)

*sings* We're off on the road to Rhode Island.......

Okay, I'll stop... ;)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you give us some exact dates that you'll be in the Boston area, I'm sure the MA, CT, RI, NH people can throw something together ;)

I'm a big fan of the New England Aquarium and The Museam of Science in Boston. There's also the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston too, lots of famous stuff there. Really depends on your interests. Here's a link that you could check out http://www.boston.com/travel/boston/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, Thanks for al the reactions!!! I would love to go the the mn12 nationals but I am afraid it is too far away for me to visit this event. We are on a very tight schedule here. But I will be in Boston from the fourth of september late afternoon untill the fifth. We are then moving up into Canada on the sixth. Thanks also for the tips on what to see. There are a few things I would like to get while I am in the US. I would like some clear corners and some headlight covers. Are they only sold on the internet or is there a place where i can buy them from a store.

Greetings Ferry
(The Netherlands)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Fierryo said:
But I will be in Boston from the fourth of september late afternoon untill the fifth.
Hey if your interested, I am sure we will be doing something around here, even if it's just hanging out.

If your avail, PM me, and I'll send you my Cell number.

Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am back home again and i most say that I had a great time in the US. New York was the highlight for me. What a city that is. Great! I also met Dave in Boston and we had a good time there. TCCOA helps to make international friends !! Thanks Dave it was great. Give me your email adress to send you the pictures. I was also able to get a lot of parts which are hard to get in Holland or very expensive. Thanks again for al the suggestions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts