TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have them? It looks to me like that is the most mild lowring spring available.

It looks like the stock springs I had on the way got lost in the mail or something, so I think I will order a set of the mild vogtlands. Will my car be significantly less low if I go with these springs? And who has the fastest shipping on these? I'm looking to get them by the end of next week at the latest...car has been parked for a month now and I am tired of it....got a ton of parts ready to go on the car, just waiting on springs...

thanks!

Earl

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Anybody have them? It looks to me like that is the most mild lowring spring available.

It looks like the stock springs I had on the way got lost in the mail or something, so I think I will order a set of the mild vogtlands. Will my car be significantly less low if I go with these springs? And who has the fastest shipping on these? I'm looking to get them by the end of next week at the latest...car has been parked for a month now and I am tired of it....got a ton of parts ready to go on the car, just waiting on springs...

thanks!

Earl
Dude the car is going to look danged close to stock with that little drop...

Even my 1.5" drop Eibachs still look like they could be stock...

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,629 Posts
Thats pretty low compared to stock, looks even lower than 1.5" drop actually.

.75-1.5" drop has little to no scraping issues without having the giant fender gap like stock. It will be significantly taller than where your car is now, it looks like an over 3" drop right now.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's what I want at the moment anybody have pictures of the mild vogtlands? Btw thanx for the eibach picture-that does look a bit lower to me than stock - nice, but too much for me for now....keep the suggestions coming, I appreciate it

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Alright man...

Does this really look like more than 1.5"?

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
anybody have pictures of the mild vogtlands?
Yup, they're the purple thingys in the picture! :rofl: I'll try to get a few pictures today outside the car! :tongue:

Joe

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
these springs are badass... i have had 2 cars with them on... you in a pretty flat part of texas?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
you in a pretty flat part of texas?
Is that important? I'm considering doing some surgery to a set of my stock springs, to drop it a little and stiffen it up. (My sports are stiff enough without the cut.)

Tennessee is anything but flat, and there are even occasionally gravel roads, although we have great quality roads, pretty much. At least, East Tennessee does, lol.

My driving is 90% interstate, and that's why I'm looking at stiffer+lower.

I've always found it easier (and cheaper) to learn from someone else's experience...

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
we miss the whole point of shock absorbers in my mind... with half of us running around on bilsteins or koni's lol

i had bilsteins and vogtlands on one car and it handled like on rails, bumps sucked.....

vogtlands and KONI's? maxed out? ... the smallest bump/ripple would make the car shudder. i dont understand how the high end euro cars deal with bumps

so long as you understand that stiff = really stiff... i have rubbed a few spots, but not too bad.. occasional big problems are the inclined driveways (or parking lots)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lots of hills here, not flat at all, pretty good roads, and tons of oppertunity to scrape on anything and everything...that's why I want either stock springs or mild mild mild lowering springs, the mild vogtlands would be great, any outside photos of a car with them would be nice, I'm not interested in any photos of any springs that are any lower than the 3/4" vogtlands...I do like low and slammed, but it's not easy to live with day to day...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have them on my Cougar. Take a look at my for sale thread. The car is stock in teh first set of pictures and lowered in the most recent pics.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
we miss the whole point of shock absorbers in my mind... with half of us running around on bilsteins or koni's lol

i had bilsteins and vogtlands on one car and it handled like on rails, bumps sucked.....

vogtlands and KONI's? maxed out? ... the smallest bump/ripple would make the car shudder. i dont understand how the high end euro cars deal with bumps

so long as you understand that stiff = really stiff... i have rubbed a few spots, but not too bad.. occasional big problems are the inclined driveways (or parking lots)
Yea, ive noticed that with my Tokico SC shocks and Eibach springs... :tongue:

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Yea, ive noticed that with my Tokico SC shocks and Eibach springs... :tongue:
You dont have the ARC setup .. makes the shocks like two completely different shocks .. Soft, and Firm. ;)

Oh yeah and Earl, how in the world does a set of Springs get "Lost" in the mail ??? Are you sure they were even shipped in the first place ?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
You dont have the ARC setup .. makes the shocks like two completely different shocks .. Soft, and Firm. ;)

Oh yeah and Earl, how in the world does a set of Springs get "Lost" in the mail ??? Are you sure they were even shipped in the first place ?
LOL yep SCT there bound to be somewhere :)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

How do they get lost? No clue...I am assuming they where shipped...I hope they where shipped...at this point, what it comes down to, is, I need my car back on the road, I need to make some other arrangements, so, that's that...Honestly, I have never, ever had anything "lost" in the mail...this is a first for me.

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
You asked for pictures!

Earl,

Took some pictures, hope they help. I put in some before pictures too for comparison.

Joe

Wheel gap, front

Wheel gap, rear

Stock

Lowered

Stock

Lowered

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Perfect, thanks :D that's excellent....almost looks stock, which is fine, for now...if I wanna slam it, I will still have the cut sport springs...how do the vogtlands ride?

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
I like them, compared to the Fusion I'm using as the daily driver it still rides like a dream. The stock LX setup was getting a little mushy! :thumbsd:

Joe

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, they are more firm than stock springs?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts