TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.vogtlandsuspension.com/p367/Ford-Thunder-Bird,-SC,-V8--Suspension-Kits-|-89---98/product_info.html

Curious if anyone knows anything about this kit its about one hundred dollars cheaper than just getting the 1.6 drop springs and koni adjustable shocks. Input?

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 XLT V8
975 Posts
Bookmarked. When I get the cash saved up...

·
Registered
536 Posts
I personally would not bother with the kit. I'm using Vogtland 0.75: drop from Super Coupe Performance with Koni adjustables - on both of my 96 TBirds. One was a base model, the other a sport. My 93 had 1.5" Eibachs with Bilsteins. It depends on what you are after, but I would never put 1.5 drop springs in my car.

Mitch

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I bought my tokico set from shox.com

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Tokico's are crap. I was not happy when I had them on my car. As for the Vogtland shocks, I have not tried them. I do have their 3/4" drop on my car and they are like the sport springs which is nice. My car is currently running Sport shocks on the Front and Bilsteins on the rear and it handles well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So do yall have anything against the 1.6 drop springs, and TGJ what did you not like about the tokicos?

·
2,118 Posts
So do yall have anything against the 1.6 drop springs, and TGJ what did you not like about the tokicos?
The car felt loose & non-responsive to driver input compared to the Sport Suspension it replaced. The ride quality was not up to par either.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I'd completely disagree. I had Tokico blue's and Eibach's on my Bird before and loved the ride, look, and how they handled.

I've got Intrax springs now and cheap-o shocks now. The ride is more soft, and I can't really compare handling yet since the car is in desperate need of alignment. The rear's sit perfect, but the front is still high, so I'll be taking some off of the springs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been looking at the kit the op mentioned and was wondering if anyone has used this kit? Never did get a real answer to his question?

·
Super Moderator
12,638 Posts
Some one will have to buy the kit and tell us their experience with it; as far as I know no one here has any experience with this kit. Some of us have the Vogtland springs. But no one has the springs AND the Vogtland shocks.

An interesting note on the linked Vogtland page states "ID=In Development [ no product #]" S

Personally, I have the 1.6" Vogtlands. Bilsteins in back and '97 Tbird Sport shocks in front. The ride is harsh but the handling is amazing. The car corners on rails. It's obviously a trade off. Do you want comfort or handling?

My car can handle better than me; I need bucket seats with side bolsters instead of the cushy stock seats to keep from being thrown around. They're on the list of things to get ...

·
2,118 Posts
Apparently the Vogtland shocks are made by Tokico. If that is indeed the case, I would just buy the Vogtland Springs and buy a good set of shocks like Koni...

·
2,118 Posts
I'm looking for a stiff set of springs. Does anyone know if the Vogtlands are stiffer than the Eibach's?
Yes, the Vogtland springs are stiffer, IMO, the Vogtland springs are the best after market springs available for these cars...

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am thinking of Vogtland 1.5" drop springs...
My car is a sport.

I have a set of FRONT OEM sports shocks in good condition, but idk what to do about rears...
any suggestions ?

·
Super Moderator
12,638 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts