TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a few problems lately with my electrical system (the worst kind) that are really throwing me for a loop.

It started off with my interior lights and keyless entry keypad. My interior lights wouldn't turn off when I close the door - the only way they would turn off is if I did the combination to unlock the doors or pressed the power unlock button and then they would turn right back on. So I pulled the fuse on them for a while so it wouldn't drain my battery. I put the fuse back in and it was fine for a while, happened again, pulled the fuse, and now it's back and they're fine.

Anyway, when I'm idling, the voltmeter bounces pretty significantly (especially when I turn up the 1600 amp and 2 12's). When I turn the wheel, it nearly stalls the car.

Finally, my fan is not working. I let the car idle for a long time, revved it, and it heated up pretty significantly, but no fan. (I'm going to check and see if it's the fan motor later).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
might need a alternator upgrade...to handle the additional amperage

does the car work fine when the stereo is off?

its not uncommon to have wierd electrical problems when you have a monster stereo going.....

if im not mistaken......fan should run when the ac is turned on....check fuse....then check for power to the fan,,,,,it coulds be smoked....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts