TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the wheels of a 1998 Volvo C70 will fit my '97 Thunderbird? My roommate's C70 is shot, so he's gonna junk it, but I've laid claim on the wheels.

I've done some looking around and everything I've seen points to the C70 having a 5 x 108mm (5 x 4.25") pattern, same as the Thunderbirds, but I haven't been able to find anything about the offset.

Does anyone know Volvos a little better than I would, or even better, has anyone tried this?

Edit: apparently, I did some more digging - OEM offset for C70 wheels is 43mm.

So does anyone here with a more imaginative mind and more expertise in such matters than myself know how this'd look?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
With that offset I would imagine you will need shims to keep the inner lip of the wheel from rubbing the spindle.

Brad will know for sure.

·
Registered
431 Posts
They might fit. Would be more tucked in than stockers which are around 39mm IIRC

·
Registered
431 Posts
Custom made spacers. This is assuming the hub bore is the same or larger too. If its smaller you would have to have the wheels machined to fit over.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is assuming the hub bore is the same or larger too. If its smaller you would have to have the wheels machined to fit over.
I hadn't thought of that. It's a good thing I've got you people around before I go and do something stupid.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The thing about custom spacers - you can buy a set of brand new wheels that bolt on to your car for the same price or a little more.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yeah, stupid me, I didn't realize it'd be such an involved process.
Don't go berating yourself. I find myself doing similar things all the time. I buy cars that need work and fix them up. After I total up all the money I spent on parts I find that I could have bought a different car in better condition. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Don't go berating yourself. I find myself doing similar things all the time. I buy cars that need work and fix them up. After I total up all the money I spent on parts I find that I could have bought a different car in better condition. :rolleyes:

but whats the fun in that?? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts