TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my V1-S-trim supercharger. This is the head unit only. The case is satin, the "shell" is pollished. The unit has 150 miles on it this past summer, 2200 last year, and 3400 the year before that. Bought new, yes I raced it...duh. Nothing wrong with the unit at all, just replaced the shaft seals. Going to a different head unit. I may have the stock pully for it someplace...but until I find it lets say it comes without a pulley.

New unit $2300.00 Satin and $2500 pollished.

Asking $1000.00 plus shipping.

Chris

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to sell, need to recoupe money spent on new headunit. Chris

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
So this is JUST the head unit? Doesn't come with any thing else?

If so...where can you buy the rest of the set up?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it is just the head unit.

You can buy the mounting bracket on ebay all the time. Then take a trip to the hardware store and buy assorted bolts to mount the blower to bracket and to the front cover. the belt is a 113" I believe. Get some 3/4" hose for a drain tube and a 3/4" barbed fitting tap oil pan for drain. And buy a oil feed kit from Vortech for 50.00. Make a discharge tube yourself...or ebay and buy a Bosch bypass valve (i have my stock one still).

Chris

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you're kidding right?

I have a number for one for $1800.00, in cincy ohio. Its new as well, but a V1-T HD. PM me if you want his number.

Chris

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea that was me...

I was laughing when I said "you're kidding right?"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
132 Posts
It was on a 4.6L SOHC. It will work on a cobra as well. The differance is in the mounting bracket.
Yes I know it will work on any modular engine with proper bracket but head unit for sohc has different impeller .

·
Registered
369 Posts
It was on a 4.6L SOHC. It will work on a cobra as well. The difference is in the mounting bracket.
Mike was asking about the impeller .Did you buy it as a kit for a GT or you bought the head unit by it self .Gt has different impeller than cobra .gt impeller is designed to make boost quicker than cobra one.head unit is same just the impeller is different.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, that is news to me. I have never heard that before. I will have to research that. But if it is true than it was purchased for a 2V GT new by me. Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
yes it is just the head unit.

You can buy the mounting bracket on ebay all the time. Then take a trip to the hardware store and buy assorted bolts to mount the blower to bracket and to the front cover. the belt is a 113" I believe. Get some 3/4" hose for a drain tube and a 3/4" barbed fitting tap oil pan for drain. And buy a oil feed kit from Vortech for 50.00. Make a discharge tube yourself...or ebay and buy a Bosch bypass valve (i have my stock one still).

Chris
And this is everything you need to install and run? Will it fit under a stock hood?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Go to www.Vortechengineering.com to download the PDF instructions for the 4.6L 2V Gt 96-98. It will detail all the parts in the kit so you can see what parts you will need.

Chris

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold for 1100.00

1 - 19 of 19 Posts