TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post on here somewhere and it looked like a Bullit intake with a vortech,does anyone know whos this is?I could be mistaken but thats what it looked like.I want to do that set up but a Turbo instead of the Vortech.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
that was probably seabass, its a 99 engine to start with, along with a bullit intake and a vortech.

reconsider the turbo you want. not saying it cant be done but there are many obstacles to overcome, first of which would be routing inlet tubes for it from the exhaust manifolds. theres almost no space down there for a hand to work, let alone add another pipe.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought...

I know what you mean by no room,I am going to have a scar on my hand from changing an o2 sensor the other day.I thought we had about just as much room as a Mustang,could be wrong though.I read this article about a guy in New York with the bullit intake and a turbo running high 10s and it was pretty much stock.
Does this SeaBass come on here much?I really would like to learn more about his car.Thanks J-Rob for the Pic and Reply.
Chris

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
Re: Just a thought...

Chris D said:
I know what you mean by no room,I am going to have a scar on my hand from changing an o2 sensor the other day.I thought we had about just as much room as a Mustang,could be wrong though.I read this article about a guy in New York with the bullit intake and a turbo running high 10s and it was pretty much stock.
Does this SeaBass come on here much?I really would like to learn more about his car.Thanks J-Rob for the Pic and Reply.
Chris
Yep he sure does, he's even a moderator of this forum.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool....

I guess i will be watching for his name to pop up and just inbox him.He probably has been asked that question a tousand times so hopefully he can humor me and make it a thousand and one,lol.
Thanks ShadowDragon,
Chris

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Seabass,
Have you got that intercooler in yet?

-Shawn

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seabass...

If you wouldnt mind could you give a run down on what all you did and had to do to put the bullit intake on?I have read about the heads a hundred time so I am aware of all of that.What gears and such are you running?I am going to put my 4:10s out of my Marn in soon along with the true dual exhaust out of it.Other then the hypertech programmer that is all I have done.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Shawn...nope...cooler not in yet. Moving back to Texas next month so really haven't had time to do anything with the car. Once I move I'll get back on it.

Chris: There's plenty of articles on the corral about the bullitt swap so I'll only talk about Tbird specific parts. Everything pretty much bolts in....some hood bracing had to be cut to clear the intake and some hammering on the hood to clear the throttle cable. The throttle cable was still sticking a little bit so the next day I had to hammer some more. kdanner, jt and I did the intake swap and blower install in two nights. The EGR tube also had to get fabbed up. So Kdanner welded on a piece to extend it long enough to fit...when he ran it he didn't use an EGR so it wasn't an issue. I still have two dents (speed dents) in the hood from the intake not fitting all the way.

Here are some pictures from the <a href="http://members.tccoa.com/seabass55/blower.htm">install</a>

As for gears I was running 4.10's but prior to the blower install I put 3.73's back in. If I were N/A I would have kept the 4.10s and I may still go with 4.10s again...we'll see.

·
Registered
362 Posts
hey seabass? Someone can tell me more info about the painted headlight things

I thin I have seen apost on how to do it or exactly what has paint wahat does not I have a white 97 bird now just like when you sitched from a cougar to a tbird and I have the clear headlights too. But I like that look can you refresh me on how you did that or someone who has info. Thanks man
Regg

·
Registered
362 Posts
the lens pop off?

Sorry about the small typos I did not know if you were on today. Can or will I ruin them if I am not careful? I am not sure how to begin but any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
ive talked with the guy that did seabass's, basicly you take the 4 (2 top, 2bottom) chrome clips off and then the lens will almost fall off, on the inside of the lense, mask off the clear part leaving the outer lined edge exposed, id say mask off the outside part entirely incase of overspray, and paint. that simple replace the lense clip the 4 clips back inplace and yer done.

·
Registered
362 Posts
painting lights

Do I paint the smooth inner area or the part of the lens cover? I am not sure ad don't want to experiment on my car but do it right the first time if ya know what I mean. Thanks
Regg

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the painted headlight cover thing. They look cool and all, granted, but I think they make the car look like a Pontiac Grand Prix. Is it just me?

Photo compliments of Phatbird:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
holy thread revival. Almost 9 years, I think that's a new record.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
wAking this thread up again...as im looking at a bullit intake...

do you use the tbird rails or the bullits?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Check Corral.net classifieds, I thought I saw one over there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts