TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have viewed number one stunner you can see there is a battle about cars that are sleeper and cars that look bada**.
Way dont we take a vote on sleeper or looks bada**.
Just put one or the other! makes it ez.
FASTFORD!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
MadRussian said:
Sleepers are stock looking and sounding cars that are very fast.

-Andrey
Haha, yeah. I was posting my confusion about the question asked, but at the same time I was selecting sleepers as my preference just in case what I thought he meant was actually right. I'll edit the emoticons out.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Shoulda made the post a poll instead of just a post ...

I like sleepers in any case ...

What does this have to do with 4.6L / 5.4L tech ? I guess I can see it if both threads talk about sleeper vs bad arse looking modular powered MN-12s / FN-10's ... but ... they should both probably be in "misc." ... but I'm not a mod, so I'll shut my pie hole.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sleeper in my book. I love the look on peoples face when they figure my FZR1000 should be about 120 rwhp and it turns up at 150 and 40lbs lighter than stock. That on top of absolute bone stock appearance. I've had many a Ducati think I was easy prey get embarrased.

I'd do the same to a car in a heartbeat, but for now, I'm puting money into my 8 foot high Bronco. Each vehicle has to take it's turn. The Thunderbird will get a turn again, then it will be headswap, camswap, maybe gearswap, and tranny. But I got three other vehicles wanting attention... so...

Anyway, sleeper all the way.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
definitly sleepers. a good sleeper will put alot of cocky people in their place.

most ricers think our cars are slow becuase they're big and then they get smoked. this is expected from ricers though. i dont know about you guys but around where i live alot of the mustang guys dont show tbird any respect either. thats why i love beating alot of them. with stangs. i've beat plenty of fox 5.0's plenty of 94/95 5.0. i've only raced 1 96-98 4.6 and beat him by about 1/2 car length. and the 99+ stangs blow the doors off me. the reaction you get from a cocky mustang owner once you beat them is priceless.

Frank

·
Registered
397 Posts
How about a car that looks badass and still has the balls to back it up? I mean, of course having the power there is the main thing, but who's ever picked up chicks in a sleeper? :D

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Hmmm. Just this weekend, we were in a stock looking Mark VIII, and had a bunch of girls waving at us. We were just cruising through some backwoods town, at about 10 P.M. and caught a lot of attention. It's not what the car looks like, it's what's in it. If you're goofy, your not going to get chicks, even with a nice car, but how many times have you seen a guy in a beat up pickup with a fine girl beside him? I see it all the time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
a car that looks bas is always cool, but it better back up its appearance. however sleeper is awesome because there is nothing like embarassing a guy in a mustang or integra with his boys or girlfriend. besides, if your car is flashy, every knucklehead with a beat 5.0 or intgra with a tip will try to race. in a sleeper, you choose your races. i vote sleeper.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The chicks were waving cuz thay haven't see the car around, thay new you where from out of town.
:uppoint:
The fine girl beside the guy in the betup truck "Some thangs you can't explane" :confused:
FASTFORD!!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
fastford52780 said:
The fine girl beside the guy in the beatup truck
.....was probably his sister.

·
Registered
890 Posts
don't rule out cousin................................

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have to vote for sleeper. The only thing is if it really is a sleeper (stock wheels, hood, other body panels, and exhaust location and sound) then it is hard to get someone to race. Keep in mind this is in a car that isn't usually consider to be fast. Well... at least someone that has a car worth racing. It is harder to get someone to race a car that has a healthy cam than you might think. A friend of mine has a '95 camaro with a 383 and a lot of people don't want to race. He can back up the mean sound for the most part though (beat an 03 cobra the other day). I want (or am going to have) the car that looks stock that beats him though :D .

Russell

1 - 17 of 17 Posts