TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know if VT stage 2 blower cams for a PI engine work in an NPI without PTV clearance issue? May be purchasing some used in a few days if they'll work.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.530/.570 lift, 220/230 .050" duration, 112 LSA +4*

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
IIRC, the stock springs on the '96-'98 heads can only take up to .550" lift. The exhaust lift figure might cause problems.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They will be going into some P&P heads I purchased a few months ago with Nextec springs

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
You'll definitely need the springs. Not sure on the clearance, I know when I bought mine (when VT was still around), I seem to remember some people having concerns about the cams in NPI heads. You'll definitely need a tune for it too since they're pretty aggressive.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
They will be going into some P&P heads I purchased a few months ago with Nextec springs
Are you goint to make it out to Rockingham on the 27th with us? Even if you can't bring or race the car you're welcome to come.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'll definitely need the springs. Not sure on the clearance, I know when I bought mine (when VT was still around), I seem to remember some people having concerns about the cams in NPI heads. You'll definitely need a tune for it too since they're pretty aggressive.
Unless someone chimes in with a bad experience I'll be finding out about clearnce. VT is now cushman motor sports, they still sell the original VT cams on their site. I sent an email but haven't heard back yet.
Are you goint to make it out to Rockingham on the 27th with us? Even if you can't bring or race the car you're welcome to come.
Not too sure, depends on how my attempted lat move into eod turns out. It would definitely nice to make it to a meet though.

Other than PTV clearance what are some of the issues I may run into?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
570 lift will not clear the valve retainer to the seal. I doubt it would clear even with the Crower retainer which give more clearance over stock. I seem to remember 565 was the max I could squeeze on this NPI clearance spec with the Crower retainer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts