TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one more mile till the Break in Is Complete.
on my buell.
The book says 500 miles, but i think ill keep it easy untill the 1000 mile check up maintenance.

Another pic of the bike =)

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Ben you crazy wanker. I'm surprised you've been able to wait this long :) ...... also impressed you put that many miles on it so fast. But I guess if I had a spiffy new street bike I would be cruising it alot too :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not too sure, i whould think they last a long time, I see alot of people that have like 70k on their bikes. so i whould say a long time.
hopefully it will be a long time, if you take care of it.
ben

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think most sport bikes die from user error more often than getting mechanically worn out. The average sport bike costs around $8000, so after 5 years the bike might be worth half that if it's taken care of, low miles, never downed, etc. At that point, if the bike goes down, the insurance company will probably total it. Bikes that old often get sold cheap to newbie riders who want something to learn on and they end up laying the bike down, bike gets totaled. End of bike. I've met plenty of people whose bikes died from being layed down and totaled, but I've never met someone whose bike died because it was worn out from high mileage.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
talking to one of my friends... for a crotch rocket, it seems to be about 15,000 miles. most are revved really high, so that shortens the engines life. harleys and cruiser bikes dont get revved as high and they arent put through nearly as much abuse as the crotch rockets go through. so they tend to last loooong times. my friend has a '99 honda 996 superhawk with like 3600 miles (when he bought it in late july) for $4200 bucks. its got like 5200 miles on it at least now. nice bike i think.

·
Registered
817 Posts
its all about the hyabusa. 1300cc of pure terror. 230+ mph. omfg if only i knew how to ride id get one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
glowing escape said:
for a crotch rocket, it seems to be about 15,000 miles.
With proper maintenance, crotch rockets will go well over 15000 miles. I've seen a few with 50k+ and a lot with 20k+. Of course, most crotch rockets are bought by young people who often won't maintain the bike properly. I'm not talking about oil changes and chain lube, I mean having the valve shims checked and throttle bodies adjusted every 8000 miles along with all kinds of other stuff that can't be done by just anyone. Motorcycles are high maintenance vehicles and without proper maintenance, 15,000 miles is probably pretty accurate.

Kenny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts