TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have a lot more members in the Carolinas, I say we set up a meet some where. I don't care where, just when. I don't have anywhere that we could go out here except for the drag strip on Saturday. Anyone got any Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
I vote Rockingham. We definitely neeeeeed to get together some time this summer no mater the place.

Maybe a trip to the mountains for some time on the parkway or another twisty :D

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Cool Guys I was born and raised in Winston-Salem NC. I come home down there 1 to 2 times a month for my family, Would love to get together with you guys when the time comes near :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I vote Rockingham. We definitely neeeeeed to get together some time this summer no mater the place.

Maybe a trip to the mountains for some time on the parkway or another twisty :D
I love the parkway considering its literally right down the road!!! There are plenty of mountain roads but unfortunately there are alot of LEO's on some of the more traveled spots as usual. If you guys want i could lead you around Henderson, Buncombe, and Transylvania Counties which are all right here in my area.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
That would be cool. I'd love to line some cars up in front of HERE, talk about a great picture!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thats actually a possibility! I am about twenty minutes from the estate. We would probably be allowed to get some shots in the driveway infront of the fountain/lawn and get an awesome view of the house. Now would be a great time to go because all of the flowers are in bloom.

Here is my girlfriend and i walking up to the house on Valentines Day.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Ya i need to meet up with some locals, show us youngins Tbird love.
Too funny man, we need to get your car up to speed.

Yea, we got to get a meet scheduled.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet!!! Let me know when and where we are meeting up. Just give me some time to do my rear brakes. (Short on cash at the moment) And to let my boss know in advance that im leaving for the weekend.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Could always do a camping trip. In the past we went to Boone but I have no problems with WNC.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Alright guys, 'nuf talk, let's nail down a date and location.

Rockingham has Street Drags / Test & Tune dates for Fri. & Sat., June 13 - 14, Sat., June 21, and Sat., June 28. There are also some dates available in July.

Or, we could meet in Asheville or Boone on those dates.

I'd also like everyone to start considering a get together for September 11 - 14 for the NHRA Carolinas Nationals at the New zMax dragstrip at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Of course anyone else from SC, VA, TN, KY, GA, etc. are welcome to attend.

·
Registered
917 Posts
im down for something around wnc as i would be more available to attend but something at cms would work as well

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Alright guys, 'nuf talk, let's nail down a date and location.

Rockingham has Street Drags / Test & Tune dates for Fri. & Sat., June 13 - 14, Sat., June 21, and Sat., June 28. There are also some dates available in July.

Or, we could meet in Asheville or Boone on those dates.

I'd also like everyone to start considering a get together for September 11 - 14 for the NHRA Carolinas Nationals at the New zMax dragstrip at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Of course anyone else from SC, VA, TN, KY, GA, etc. are welcome to attend.

autofair is in september if i remember right, and there is no way im missing out the cook-out after.

anyway, my vote is for july so i can stash away some extra money.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Autofair is in September if i remember right, and there is no way im missing out the cook-out after.

anyway, my vote is for july so i can stash away some extra money.
Yea, the fall Autofair is the weekend before the NHRA Carolina Nationals. I'll be there too (schedule permitting).

AutoFair - September 4 - 7
Carolina Nationals - September 11 - 14

You should just stick around the whole week. :D

How about this, we do something in the mountains this month and then Rockingham in July?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Yea, the fall Autofair is the weekend before the NHRA Carolina Nationals. I'll be there too (schedule permitting).

AutoFair - September 4 - 7
Carolina Nationals - September 11 - 14

You should just stick around the whole week. :D

How about this, we do something in the mountains this month and then Rockingham in July?
i have a pregnant wife at home that would gladly kill me for insurance money.:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you put me in your will before she kills you? Would love to have 2 birds. J/k

I asked my girlfriend if she would go and she actually said yes. I was shocked!!!! She usually never wants me to talk about cars. (or if I wont shut up she just dosent listen) Now I am getting more and more excited!!!!

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
i have a pregnant wife at home that would gladly kill me for insurance money.:D
again? really?

also, silverbird97, if you're looking for something to do and places to hang out, there's a local car club that hangs out at the advanced auto in hope mills. it's mainly a mustang/lightning club, but i was always with them when i had my tbird. friendly group of people, just tell them ollie sent you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts